“Perfect for Conventions”

Ranked #7 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Perfect for Conventions”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt while attending a convention in Denver. The hotel is right at the convention center, which is near a number of restaurants and shops, making it a convenient location. The hotel itself was classic Hyatt - upscale, comfortable and professional. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear KaMaChameleon,

Thank you for your generous review. Hyatt Regency Denver strives to provide excellent service and accommodate our business guests. The location is very convenient and we are happy you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon!

Hotel Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (589)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Great hotel and convenient to just about everything you want to do in Denver. Great bar, restaurant and coffee shop located inside the hotel for those times when you just want to stay in. Little pricey but well worth it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear wccope,

Thanks for the 5 stars and great remarks! Hyatt Regency Denver is in walking distance to local shops and great attractions, which makes it very convenient for our guests. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you come back again!

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed six nights during the month of July. It's only one block from the 16th Street Mall, very convenient. It is directly across from the Convention Center. All staff were extremely friendly and the rooms were super clean! The bar on the top floor has the most beautiful view of the mountains and downtown Denver.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, those have the best views.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
RegencyHyatt, Hotel Assistant Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear Tartsy,

Thank you for the positive review! It is great to hear our staff was friendly and you had a wonderful stay. We hope you can come back and enjoy the beautiful views soon!!

Cory Bartoli
Belfast NI
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great location hotel parking expensive but much cheaper parking available opposite hotel.Room was spacious and comfortable with nice view. Didn't eat in the hotel as there are plenty of options near by. Staff friendly and helpful.
Short walk to 16th street mall with free bus sevice along 16th street. I'd recommend Sam's Number 3 diner for breakfast exit hotel turn left and it's on the right next block down.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I only stayed one night so I'm not going to give this property a 5 star review...but had I stayed longer I'm sure I would have gone that way! We arrived at the hotel and were promptly greeted by a valet who made it super easy to valet park our car even though we weren't even checked in yet. Parking is expensive, $30.00 a day for valet, but that's pretty typical and to be expected when you stay at a hotel in downtown Denver. As soon as we walked into the lobby we were greeted by Nick, who introduced himself to us and helped us through the express self check in. He was very friendly and took the time to get our names and ask a little bit about us before sending us on our way to the room. The room was beautiful, 2 very comfortable beds and a large desk in the room. The bathroom was nice although the tub was a little shallow and I enjoy a nice bath before bedtime. I HIGHLY recommend venturing up to the 27th floor and visiting Peaks Lounge. The view is spectacular! Very nice staff and reasonable drink prices even for specialty drinks. I had a great nights sleep and was very impressed with the service. Will definitely stay again if the price is right!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The hotel is beautiful, the staff was very nice, the catering was excellent. However, I will never use this or any other Hyatt hotel again! We used the hotel for our wedding and the billing problems afterward were major:
- We had a surprise bill after wards that was $3000 more than we expected.
- They charged our credit cards without getting a signature or telling us before hand.
- The first page of the invoice we received after showed a zero balance, but the second page showed a large amount due.
- The contracts were VERY confusing and unclear ($0 for labor but $1000 for "misc.")
- We made prepayments for months but those added up to the wrong amount.
- The meeting 10 days prior to the event to review/confirm everything never happened.
- The Hyatt staff was not willing to budge on these issues and offered one free night stay as consolation.
- After a lot of back and forth via email my questions have still not been answered (a month later) and I am so frustrated at this point - I give up - clearly I am not going to get any kind of refund - BUYER BEWARE!

If you are planning any kind of event in downtown Denver I would strongly recommend ANY venue other than the Hyatt.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Garrett H
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Garrett H,

Thank you for your feedback. We do want to resolve this matter. I know that you are working with hotel staff and I hope that we can work through your questions and concerns.

Allison Gegenheimer
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I've stayed at many convention hotels but the reception staff makes this hotel a gem among them. After being warmly greeted and provided with a room with a great floor of the state capitol, our bellman proceeded to tell us all about the local area, great restaurants and good sights while taking us to our room. The best came from a young counter clerk (Dianne? Nancy?) who helped me with a minor request, then two days later when I was leaving, came out from behind the counter, called me by name, and asked if everything was taken care of to my satisfaction. Unbelievable! The rooms are standard Hyatt rooms, nothing spectacular, and they did not have the special mattresses in our double room that I've enjoyed in other Hyatts. Nevertheless the room was clean, comfortable, with free wi-fi and a superb view. The 24 hour cafe is the utmost convenience. The hotel's convention facilities were superb and the staff excellent. Efficiency and service are top notch. I would stay here again even if I weren't attending a conference! Great job Denver Hyatt! You all deserve a raise for your efforts.

Room Tip: Request a high room facing the state capitol.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear LegacyPLanner,

Thanks for the great review! We love to hear that our guests are enjoying their stay and receiving excellent service. I am thrilled to hear that you were warmly greeted and had a spectacular view of downtown! We certainly hope you stay with us again.