“Very nice place for a conference”

Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
Ranked #9 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta
“Very nice place for a conference”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I was here for a conference and had very good service at check in & check out. The room was lovely w/a flat screen, king bed & a chair. The alarm clock also had an Ipod dock. If I had one complaint it would be to take the commercials off about the adult programming. I'm pretty sure kids don't need to hear that. Then again they may not have many kids stay there! Another glitch was checking out via TV. The system got stuck so I called down to double check I was checked out & it was fine- though as of this writing they haven't cleared my credit card hold! The location was great & the views were lovely.

Room Tip: 1615 had a view of downtown but not the convention center. It also faced East so you get great morn...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
USA
Reviewed November 8, 2011

First the good points: 1)If you are attending a convention, and convenience to the Convention Center is important, it is the closest hotel, just a walk across the street. 2) Staff are friendly 3)Rooms are clean 4) Bed is comfortable and shower is decent. 5) Room service was prompt and food was decent. 5) There is wireless and also a hard line connection in the rooms.
But....because it is a "Convention Hotel," they've got you! Little things missing - No glasses in the bathroom, no mirror except for the one over the sink in the bathroom, very un-spectacular catered food for meetings, very high rates for internet service, and if you have both a computer and an Ipad, you need to pay twice . Teeny, tiny closet, barely room for 5 days worth of clothes, but enough hangers. I woke up to the alarm and phone of the room next door one morning. I asked for a late checkout and although I'm a member of their "Gold Passport" club, checkout changed from 11am to 12:30pm. $4.50 for a bottle of water in the room, and no mini-bar or other amenities in room. Room rates are in excess of the quality of the towels, although bedding was nice.
Just some additional facts: Coffee and tea bags in the room, with one of those single brewer pots, toothpaste in the bathroom and just the usual shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and soap for sink and shower. The rooms smell good! (This actually could be a plus or a minus, depending if you like or dislike the smell, but I liked it, and the smell returned each time the room was serviced.) It is a very big hotel - 2 sets of elevators (mostly prompt), one set going up 21 floors, and the second going up to the top floors (42, I think.) No bathrobes or slippers, but a decent iron and ironing board.
Bottom line for me: Convenient for this business trip, but if I were going to Denver for any other reason, wouldn't be the place for me.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Dear stampwife,

Thank you for taking the time to write this response. I think you did a nice job of highlighting aspects of this hotel that you enjoyed as well as areas in which we can look to improve. If your leisure travels were to bring you back to Denver I think our staff could really exceed your expectations and make sure that you had everything you needed while you were here! Hope to see you again soon!!

Warmest Regards,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 6, 2011

The closest hotel to the convention center in Denver, the Hyatt Regency is nicely styled, has excellent customer service (friendly employees everywhere), and reasonable conference rates. It is at the high end of other Hyatts I have visited in styling. The Altitude had a decent breakfast buffet with pricing typical for hotels of this sort.

Room Tip: $75 upgrade to a suite was worth it if you can afford it
Dublin, California
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We encountered a couple of problems during our stay, but the staff was very quick and friendly in fixing them. The first was that my husband and I both travel with CPAP machines, so we needed two electrical outlets by the bed. All of them were filled, so I called for assistance. The electrician was promptly dispatched and the situation solved.

Later we noticed that the toilet was sluggish in flushing. We called again and a plumber appeared almost immediately and remedied the situation. The hotel manager called to make sure it was fixed to our satisfaction.

The hotel is right across the street from the convention center. On days when it was blustery, snowing and cold, I was very glad to be so close.

The coffee shop was good and very reasonably priced.

Room Tip: I always ask for a lower floor, because if you are on an upper floor and the elevator fills up, you...
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Like all other downtown huge chain hotels this one is pricey. Of course, there is no free wi-fi and meals are expensive. My main complaint is how the room maintained during our stay. Wash clothes left in tub and the bottom sheet in our bed was two feet short of the end of the bed. So, all night I was pulling my feet up away from the scratchy mattress pad. Not a restful sleep for sure. Bring your own soap. The soap and shampoo they use smells like toilet bowl cleaner. I had to go out and buy my own.

The valets, doormen and desk personnel were very nice and helpful.

Downtown is typical big city. There are a lot of homeless around. There are a lot of good restaurants nearby and some shopping.

• Stayed November 2011
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Dear dromrell,

I wanted to take a moment and thank you for providing this feedback. I think you would be excited to hear that the Hyatt is changing our complete amenity line next year! I will be sure to address your other concerns with housekeeping as well. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you back in Denver again soon!

Best,

The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Stayed here recently during a conference. Although the hotel was fully booked and extremely busy, staff were very helpful and friendly. When I got hungry in the middle of the night and technically there was no room service, the lady from the all night coffee shop on site made sure a sandwich was brought up yo my room! The rooms are nice and contemporary, but please let somebody upgrade the bathrooms too, cause taking a shower without getting your hair wet is not possible.

• Stayed November 2011
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I was in Denver for a conference and the location of the Hyatt Regency is perfect since it is right across the street. Check in was fast and friendly and even though I had an extremely discounted rate, got my king bed request without a problem and was even asked if I preferred a higher floor or a lower one, which is probably a first for me. The room was a nice size and clean and the bed was comfortable enough. Downtown Denver has lots of great food options, especially along the 16th Street Mall just 2 blocks away. However, for those nights when I was just too tired to find one, the hotel restaurant - Altitude - had very good food at a not outrageous price. The coffee and gift shop is open 24 hours so I could grab a quick cup of coffee and a muffin before 6 AM and the early morning and late evening attendents were very friendly and accommodating.

The housekeeping service was hit or miss and impossible to figure out what their schedule might be. It was after 2 PM one day and before 10 AM the next. There were no bathrobes in our room as I would expect for a higher class hotel and asking for 2 got us 1, so they had to go back to get another. Once received, though they were really nice. If your room is cold and it isn't under 55 degrees outside, the heat won't come on no matter what you set the thermostat to. And why do business hotels still have shower/tub combinations? How many business travelers would even take a bath in one of those small tubs? Isn't it time to renovate with just walk-in showers, no tubs in most hotel rooms that are business oriented? Free internet in all guest rooms should be a given as well. And the final complaint is the TV reception. The room had a flat screen TV but wasn't high def and the picture was not at all sharp.

Overall, it was a very nice stay and for a conference at the convention center, a very good choice.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Dear Friscotravelers,

I really wanted to thank you for taking the time and providing us with this feedback. We appreciate your business and certainly will take your comments into consideration for future improvements. I hope to see you back at the Hyatt Regency during your next visit to Denver and feel free to send some of that warm Texas weather our way this winter!

Best,