Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sheffield, England
“Fantastic room”
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Excellent check in. I had requested a room with a roll bed as we were travelling with two teenagers. The receptionist explained that this was not available but upgraded us to a conference suite! Fantastic result. We had a huge room with kitchenette, lounge area, dining table and chairs - perfect for teenagers. Whilst my husband was at the conference I spent many happy hours outside by the hot-tub, in the gym or by the pool. The only downside was the cost for internet in the room. You were expected to pay for each lap-top used, so the teenagers were disappointed and had to make do with the large tv instead. Parking under the hotel was also quite pricey but very safe. Good location for walking around the city although we were shocked by the sheer numbers of homeless people in Denver. Made you feel bad about staying in such a luxurious hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
Salida, Colorado
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I don't understand what all the noise about this hotel is about. If you need to be in this location, it's well-located - otherwise, it's kind of a sketchy neighborhood. And its location means you're paying $25 per day for parking, $30 if you valet. The staff was too stuffy-formal for my taste. How many times do I need to say I can handle my own luggage? The bartender at the lobby bar was asking me what drink I wanted every three seconds, while I was still going through the drink book/wine list. And for all the drinks listed, a disgustingly small number were from Colorado. I went to their little store for breakfast - $5 for a banana and a muffin.
The room was thoroughly average. Slightly smaller than average in size. TV was very slow to respond and the picture quality wasn't that good. Oh, and internet was $10 per day. For *wired* internet, not wireless. The bathroom could use a better cleaning in the corners.
I suppose some people really want or need this kind of thing: big, fancy lobby with a waterfall, someone asking to help every five minutes, a high-rise tower, to be nickeled and dimed...I got an insane deal for my room, and even then, it just wasn't worth it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank mjg007
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, October 23, 2011
Dear mjg007,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay. We do greatly appreciate the feedback and I am so sorry to hear of the disatisfaction you had with your visit. We are a full service hotel and take pride in being able to offer the kind of personalized service and attention to our guests that make us a Hyatt. Once again, thanks again for staying with us and the feedback.

Kathryn Wicus
S.E. PA
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I was staying at the Hyatt during the GABF. The hotel staff is very friendly and ensures they greet you every step of the way. I checked in at the kiosk and my request for 2 cards was quickly granted and I was on my way to my room. The room was decent size and outside of some strange stains on the rolling chair the room was clean and tidy. The bathroom was clean and everything was well stocked during my stay. There are two sets of elevators which get you quickly to your floor. I never had to wait more than 20-30 seconds for an elevator even during busy periods. The hotel is really convenient to the convention center and the 16th street mall. Plenty of cabs when you need them and the hotel is located right on one of the trolley routes. Workout facilities are excellent with plenty and good quality equipment. Only negative about the gym was that the pool was a little cloudy and I ended up getting an ear infection from swimming laps the pool. Only other negative comment is that on Saturday night the place got a little crazy. There is security in the lobby (local police) ready to handle problems however, at 3 AM Sunday morning I was awakened by a party going on in the room next door. That party lasted for about 20 minutes when someone broke it up. Clearly the group was underage and pretty drunk. Then the boy & girlfriend had a knock-down drag-out fight in the room which spilled into the hallway. This screaming in the hallway and room persisted for about 30-40 minutes before she walked down the stairway and things quieted down. At times you can hear the trolley rumble by but ask for a high floor as it should be quieter up there. All-in-all I’d stay there again and wouldn’t hesitate to call down to the front desk next time I had a problem with a neighboring room.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on a high floor facing away from the trolley and not near the elevators.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Steeler Country
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I did read all the previous comments and did select a mountain view room and paid the upcharge. It was a good choice as the mountains are just incredible. The room itself was average and the bathroom a little tight but that is expected in an older hotel. The housekeeping staff does a good job with keeping the room clean. We did use the restaurant "Altitude" for breakfast both the buffet and ordering off the menu. The food was excellent and the staff attentive. We where at the hotel for four nights and it is within walking distance of major tourist areas. The Belll staff and concierge where very helpful in giving directions and short cuts. We did go to the 16th street area and it was not as bad as I previoulsy read. If anyone is from a major city and has visited other major cities you do have your share of street people and panhandlers which is a part of life. We did however feel it was a safe area during the day and did use the free tram to cut down on walking. My big suggestion is to drink plenty of water because of the altitude and take your time getting around. Would also recommend the Denver Museum of Art and Banjo Billy's bus tour if you have the time.

Room Tip: Get a room with a mountain view, on one of the higher floors.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Thanks so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. It sounds like your first Colorado experience was a good one!
If you enjoyed the view from your room, I hope you were able to make it to Peaks Lounge around sunset. It's a great place for a cocktail and the views of the Rockies are stunning!
I hope you get the opportunity to come back and see us again soon.

Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed here during a nursing convention for five days in early October. This is a beautiful hotel, gorgeous lobby, very convenient to the convention center, right across the street. The room we had on the 19th floor was comfortable, roomy, and had a gorgeous view of the snow-covered Rockies. I thought the hotel was a bit overpriced, but the other hotels in the area were about the same, so I guess that's the going rate in Denver. The hotel has a nice lounge on the 27th floor for cocktails and appetizers - nice view at night. 24 hour coffee shop on the first floor, lobby bar, both very nice. Bed was very comfortable, nice desk area for personal business, roomy bathroom, and excellent maid service - room was always spotless and serviced early. We had valet parking at $30 a night - parking otherwise downtown is not even possible. The 16th St mall ( 1 block away) is great for shops and restaurants. Definitely try Wild Bangkok if you like Thai food. The whole downtown is green, great public transportation, recycling, very clean and energy conscious, bike rental system. Close to Boulder and Colorado Springs for sightseeing. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you very much! It sounds like you had a great time during your convention in Denver! This is truly my favorite time of year in the city. Isn't it amazing that there's already snow in the mountains?
It seems like you were really able to maximize your time while in town and were able to discover a lot of the local attractions. There's a lot to see and do.
I hope you get the opportunity to come visit us again. We'd love to have you back!

New York
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Spent 4 nights recently at the Hyatt Regency and I must say that the staff at this particular Hyatt was EXCELLENT. We had a room with a malfunctioned shower and the staff from housekeeping, to the engineer and the Manager was prompt, professional and proactive in problem solving the situation. I regularly stay at Hyatt hotels and this was the best group of people I've ever seen.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor to get a nice view of the city.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank 2goodkarma
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Thank you very much for the great review! Comments such as yours easily validate the effort we put into providing a welcoming and professional atmosphere.
I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to the opportunity of serving you again should future travels bring you back to the Mile High City!
Indiana
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This newer mega-property had the best and most professional service of any hotel I have ever stayed in. The room was new and clear. Bed was comfortable. A noise maker air cleaner machine kept the outside street noise from the RTD light rail to a minimum (the line runs in front of the hotel). Great full service health club-the best I have ever seen in a hote. Had a high floor with great view of the Rockies. Close to 16th Street Mall. Use a B-Bike rental to get around--there's a station by the convention center. Highly recommended although a bit pricey.

Room Tip: Get a high floor away from the light rail noise or facing east.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Thank you very much for the wonderful comments! We place a very strong emphasis on professional service here at our property so it's great to hear that our hard work is paying off!
I'm a big supporter of the B-Cycle program as well. It's a great way to get around town! Other options include the free Mall Ride on 16th Street and an abundance of pedi-cabs, which are always a fun experience!
Again, thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We look forward to serving you again should future travels bring you back to the Mile High City!