“Outstanding !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rioja

Rioja
Reserve with OpenTable
Rioja is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 2,974 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
“Outstanding !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

We were in Denver to visit our son. Looking for a good restaurant in downtown and I saw the reviews at Rioja. We went for lunch on Saturday morning and unfortunately they we're serving brunch only. But not disappointed at all! I had an amazing Spanish octopus farfale, my husband had the Colarado lamb burger. We had the beigne for dessert. Everything was to die for! Great service also!

Maryland
“Home run!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

Wow! Amazing meal only outdone by superb staff. Could not have asked for anything better.
Picnic, Bacon, Venison sausage, split pasta with donuts for dessert.
We will be back.

• Visited December 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Very good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

But a bit over rated when you consider all the great choices no available in Denver. For the money, one should expect it to be outstanding and on several occasions it was good but not at a level that matches the hype.

Visited October 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Artists in the Kitchen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Rioja made my weekend trip to Denver even more memorable. One of the amazing restaurants on Larimer square, the cuisine and the ambiance exceeded my expectations.
I was fortunate to get a seat next to the open kitchen so that I could watch the chefs work in harmony to create consistently great dishes. It's as if I was there with them. The chefs are fast and efficient; still they reproduce the same dish with the same precision and artistry as the previous one. I cannot imagine a better run kitchen.
I ordered the mango salmon lomi lomi as a starter. Exciting plating and just delicious leaving wanting more. Next came the artichoke tortellini... Tasted so good, but felt I needed a bigger portion. And finally, on the recommendation of my waiter, I tried the flourless chocolate-ancho cake: Fantastic!
The service was at the appropriate level for this quality of food. And you get a sense that there is a nice camaraderie between the staff members.
I highly recommend Rioja to anyone visiting Denver. Hopefully I'll get the chance to experience it all over again in the future.

Golden, Colorado
“Wonderful evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

The thing that separates one restaurant from other excellent restaurants is that special "it" factor. Rioja has "it"! It's not just about the food, which is superb, but the total experience. On December 11 we were fortunate to have one of those special evenings. From the greeting at the door to the good-bye when we left - it was all perfect. Service was spot-on. Water glasses always filled, timely service of food and plate clearing - we were never rushed or waiting. We loved the bread basket, and our starters and entrees were all remarkable. We were especially pleased with the bison sausage appetizer and the Petaluma chicken. Who knew a chicken could be prepared so flavorfully?!?! The beignets and cappuccino were the perfect ending. But the crowning glory to the evening was the visit to our table by Chef Jen Jasinski. She is a delight, and so is her restaurant!

• Visited December 2013