“Excellent!”
Review of Rioja

Rioja
Reserve with OpenTable
Rioja is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 3,084 Restaurants in Denver
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed August 14, 2013

One of the best restaurants in Denver. The service is top notch and the food is always excellent. It is a great location - right in the middle of Larimer Square.

There are newer reviews for Rioja

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We celebrated a friend's birthday here. The food was good, service wasn't the best, atmosphere was nice. You definitely won't have a bad time here.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 32nd birthday at Rioja. We were not disappointed. My wife had the artichoke ravioli and I had the lamb shank dinner. Service and food was excellent. I highly recommend Rioja for any special occasion.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The Greek salad is a staple, right? They did a deconstructed Greek salad that was really unique. Highly recommend it. I had the lamb 2 ways...never had lamb sausage before. It was really good. Satisfies your appetite without being overfilling. Attentive waiter that suggested that I have a beer with lamb, since I get headaches with red wine. He was right on! I would never have considered that. Very popular place, as we couldn't get in until 9pm, but I'd suggest the lemon quencher from the bar as a good way to spend the time waiting. It's a bit noisy, and I would have preferred to eat al fresco, but those tables turn slowly, they say.
Rated #1 by Trip Advisor, probably right...but don't expect it to be cheap.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Went late last night with 2 people from a convention. Walked over late from the Westin and walked in with no knowledge. What a find! While waiting for our table, the owner & chef, Jennifer came by to greet us. We felt so welcomed! We started with 2 appetizers, the calamari & the crab. Served quickly and beautifully. We knew then that this place was going to be a special dining experience. The choice of warm breads offered was amazing and creative as well. Entrees ordered included the scallops, the basil gnocchi & the artichoke tortellini. All were amazing, light, perfectly sized and shared! My vote for favorite was the basil gnocchi - amazing flavors presenting themselves. My second fav was the scallops - awesome seasoning & prep. The artichoke tortellini was fantastic so that should tell you how good they all were. We finished with 2 desserts; the raspberry Spumante and the black & white cheesecake. Very untraditional presentation with light, crisp flavors. We also splurged with each of us getting a single beignet. Jennifer came by to check on us and we raved to her about her place. Prices were very reasonable for what you get. You should definitely try this jewel. Finally, their bartender makes a top notch sidecar!