“Fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rioja

Rioja
Reserve with OpenTable
Rioja is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 2,977 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Chicago,IL
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was in Denver in March and had to stop into Rioja for dinner it is one of my favorite places in the country. I have only one word to say to everyone "Bacon" get the bacon it is the most delicious appetizer that you will ever eat. I always eat at the bar and convince people to try it if they don't like it I will but it, they usually get another. Bartenders are great so is the food.

• Visited March 2013

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Delicious food, enticing presentation, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Three of us dined at Rioja. While we could not get an early reservation in the main dining area (last minute reservation), we were able to dine in the bar/lounge area. It was perfect! We had a seat in the front window and it was actually quieter than the dining room. Tony, our server, was friendly, entertaining and knowledgeable about the menu. The food was excellent and the presentation was awesome! Thanks, Rioja, for a great dining experience.

Visited May 2013
Parker, Colorado
“One of the best places in Denver”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have been trying to give out less five star reviews recently as an Excellent rating should truly indicate an excellent experience. Rioja deserves it. Last night I visited Rioja with some friends without reservations and were seated surprisingly fast. Once we were seated we ordered the Bacon appetizer which was to die for. For an entree I ordered the Duck which the waiter recommended. It was great. I will definitely be coming back again with friend and family.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Havelock, North Carolina
“Perhaps the best meal of my life!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

I went with a friend that had eaten here before. We were both visiting Denver. On a Friday night, the restaurant was crowded, but we were able to sit at the bar for drinks and appetizers.

We started off with water and drinks (I had a blackberry whiskey sour). The appetizers we chose were Fresh bacon (cardamon spiced Kurobuta pork belly, madras curry scented garbanzo bean puree), and Dungeness crab (celery gelee, creme fraiche tossed Dungeness crab, shaved fresh Hawaiian heart of palm, cucumber, lime confiture, sel gris).

We asked for and were seated for dinner at the bar area overlooking the kitchen. It was great fun to watch and chat with the sous chef. From here we chose to partake in the tasting menu. Several different servers brought us a variety of dishes that included mango salmon lomi lomi (Hawaiian salt cured Skuna bay salmon, macadamia-ginger pesto, scallion, cucumber, mango coulis, basil pudding), artichoke tortellini (goat cheese and artichoke mousse stuffed pasta, artichoke broth, truffle essence, queso de mano cheese, chervil), a few other special bites, and it was all topped off with a beignet (sweet goat cheese and black mission fig filled pastries, ruby port wine reduction) that was to die for!! A variety of fresh breads were offered multiple times during the evening. I fell in love with the sourdough bread slices and the mini biscuits.

The service was impeccable! The plating was beautiful!

Chef Jennifer Jasinki was working the night we were there. My friend got her cookbook and had chef sign it while we were dining! Chef had won the James Beard Foundation Award for Best Chef Southwest 2013 only 4 days earlier!!

• Visited May 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great atmosphere and food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

We ate both here, and at Fruition in the same weekend (two top rated (TripAdvisor) restaurants....and honestly pretty close tie. I'd say (personally) I loved Rioja for the atmosphere, food, location. I loved Fruition for the food, the atmosphere, and the location (in that order).

Visited May 2013

Been to Rioja? Share your experiences!