“Courtyard Excellence”

Ranked #65 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Santa Fe
“Courtyard Excellence”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Readily accessible from I-25 south of downtown Denver, this hotel offers pretty much anyone could ask for. Large, well furnished rooms with small fridges,microwaves, and coffee makers. Free WiFi works well.

Room Tip: A room on the west side will provide a spectacular view of the front range.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am thrilled that you had an excellent experience while staying with us. We know how hard it is to be a business traveler on the road and constantly away from home. We are very committed to providing each and every guest with both superior facilities and service. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feed back, it is very much appreciated. Should your travels bring you back to the Denver area we hope that we can again be your host.

Veanne Stocking

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very nice and efficient staff but our room was not the nicest Marriott we have stayed in. The shower valve did not function properly and the shower head was loose. The walls seemed to be ultra thin as well because we could hear every word our noisy neighbors said. The ac unit cycled on and off all night. We expect this at lower end chain motels but not at Marriott. On a positive note, the room was clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: West side rooms offer a beautiful view of the Rocky Mountains.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wyomingkings
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us. On Behalf of our entire staff here at the Courtyard Cherry Creek, we apologize for the concerns you have about the experience at our hotel. It was completely unacceptable for you to experience so many issues with your guestroom. We work diligently to trouble shoot any problems our guests have while staying with us. We sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations as our guest satisfaction is our number #1 goal. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we will meet or exceed your expectations.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My family and I have stayed at this Courtyard several times over the past two years. My sister moved to Denver for grad school and whenever we visit, Courtyard at Cherry Creek is first choice. We love that the staff is very accommodating and helpful. We have always been able to check-in early and they always honor our room requests (to be on the same floor as other members in our party). We also like the bar downstairs for an evening cocktail, and the breakfast buffet on weekends is really good as well. If I remember correctly, the breakfast buffet is discounted on the weekends and very reasonable. We also really like the flavored water in the lobby since hydration is key to fighting the altitude (we live in Houston - so yes the altitude has gotten to us before).

The rooms are very comfortable and large although the bathrooms are rather small, but I think that's due to the fact that this hotel is an older property. They have a large, free parking lot but sometimes it can fill up if the hotel is having a conference (it has happened on more than one visit). We also like that you can walk to some nearby shopping and restaurants next door. It's definitely a good value for the area of town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank hck2012
Dear Guest,

Wow!!! Thank you for sharing your experience and positive feedback with others on Trip Advisor. Hospitality at its best is giving superior service to our guests. That you have taken the time to give us both the recognition and feedback is very much appreciated. Should your travels bring you back to the Denver area we hope to once again be your "home away from home".

Again thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule!
Oklahoma
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Recently stayed for 4 nights for business in Denver. The hotel is everything you'd expect for a Courtyard. The staff was friendly, well versed on the local area and helpful with suggestions. The location to the Cherry Creek area is excellent for restaurants and shopping. My only complaint was the workout facility. Not only was it cramped and hot, but 2 of the 5 pieces of cardio equipment were broken. It would be nice if, on my return visits, I find a renovated fitness facility.
All in all it was a very pleasant stay!
FYI - the hotel is o. Colorado Blvd, which can be extremely busy and congested. I would try walking to several of the local restaurants!

Room Tip: Simply ask!! I found the desk to be quite accommodating!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you for being our guest and also sharing your positive experience with us on TripAdvisor. I'm so glad to hear that you found our hotel convenient for you!. That is definitely the feel we strive for and it is always good to know that our team is able to accomplish this. I am sorry to hear that our fitness center wasn't in full working order during your stay. I will address these issues with my staff as well as make sure this doesn't happen again! We all look forward to welcoming you back.
Temecula, California
Reviewed May 7, 2013

First, it is important to understand why you are in Denver. For me it is business and I need to be central to all parts of the city. This location is great because you can be on I25 quickly going either direction. The location is also nice because I don't always have a car to drive around so there are restaurants and shopping options within walking distance.

They really keep this hotel clean and in nice shape. It feels newer, although it is not their remodelded version. This Courtyard is a larger than most, so you can get a nice high floor with a view.

The staff have always been nice and helpful. I have stayed here several times and I have never had an issue with the staff.

Room Tip: I like high floors in the West side just for view. Honestly all of the rooms are quiet...you can...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for being our guest and also sharing your positive experience with us on TripAdvisor. I'm so glad to hear that you found our hotel convenient for you as well as being cozy and inviting. That is definitely the feel we strive for and it is always good to know that our team is able to accomplish this. I hope you're able to try out our restaurant, pool & fitness center during your next stay with us! We all look forward to welcoming you back.
Fountain, Colorado
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I like so much Courtyard hotels chain...I decided to stay in this hotel because I used to celebrate my b-days in different hotels every year...This year (February, 2013), I choose this one, and I enjoyed a lot for its amenities and awesome staff...Perhaps this hotel does not look great outside, but inside looks awesome...Everything was "perfect" except when started snowing...I was heading to the lobby area from outside, and the floor was wet...They had a carpet, but it was not covering all wet area...I fell down and I recived the hit on my right side (hip, leg, arm)...My husband was helping me to stand up when someone of the front desk came to me and asked about how I was in that moment...I said I was fine because I wanted to be up fast (the persons in the lobby were looking at me)...When I was up for my husband, other person slipped again but he did not fall down...My husband took me to the room and he had to leave to our house (he went to the hotel just for one night) so I was alone in the room...Nobody went there to ask how I was feeling, nobody called by phone, and when my hubby walked through the lobby, he noticed that any precaution had been taken to avoid more "accidents"...The floor was still wet...I do not know if the manager of the hotel knew about my case, but everything had to be recorded in the cams of the lobby area...I'm very dissapointed with the way that the hotel managed the situation...I was thinking to consult with my lawyer because due the fall, I had a severe sprain in all muscles of the right side (from ankle to neck)...I was around 3 weeks with strong bandages and taking medicines by doctor...I suffer of a back condition and this fall caused me more pain...This experience was terrible and now, I'm looking for another hotel to celebrate mother's day...The staff should know how take care of the guests in these situations...Mrs. Negron!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
I am sincerely disappointed to hear of your less than stellar experience with us. Please accept my apologies on behalf of our team. Your stay definitely does not appear to be of the quality we strive to present and I am only sorry you did not experience our normally high standard of service. Should you choose to give us another chance, please contact me directly so I may personally oversee your reservation to ensure you enjoy a flawless Courtyard stay.
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Pros: It is clean. The breakfast is good. The pool is very nice. The gym is functional (although one treadmill is currently not working and there are only three) it is near some nice restaurants. Staff are nice but they know the hotel is basic and so have no plans to do anything about it.

Cons: The internet is S L O W. It is free, but it is next to useless. The room I am in is next to the elevator and the elevators are noisy. My room wraps around the elevator shaft... it is not pleasant. (they did offer to move me but that is a lot of hassle so I got ear plugs instead). This morning the shower was luke warm (6.45am).

Tips: Make sure you don't get a room next to the elevators. They are loud, annoying and go up and down 24/7.

Bottom line - this hotel is not cheap. I would look at what else is out there before booking. it is not awful but it is not great.

Room Tip: Tips: Make sure you don't get a room next to the elevators. They are loud, annoying and go up an...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Ronnie K
We appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us. On Behalf of our entire staff here at the Courtyard Cherry Creek, we apologize for the concerns you have about the experience at our hotel. It was completely unacceptable for our internet to function as slow as you described. We work diligently to trouble shoot any problems our guests have with the internet in our hotel. Next time you stay with us please contact me directly and I will make sure you don't have a room by an elevator! We sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations as our guest satisfaction is our number #1 goal. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we will meet or exceed your expectations.

Veanne Stocking
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek

Been to Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!