“customer service excellence” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 149 Hotels in Denver
Aspen, Colorado
“customer service excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

On our last stay at the hotel, I left several items of clothing in our room, and unknowingly, departed for home. I contacted Anthony Franker several days later and Mr. Franker was diligent in his job by contacted housekeeping and ultimately shipping my clothing to me.
I would like to commend Mr. Franker and the entire staff at the Marriott Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek for a great stay and outstanding attention to customer satisfaction!
Regards, Rick Magill

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Mr. Magill,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback and recognizing Anthony's excellent service! I am so glad to hear we were able to find your missing items and return them to you promptly. While all of our associates are diligent in their service, it is not everyday that they are recognized by name and I sincerely appreciate you for taking the time to do so. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Courtyard in the near future!

Veanne Stocking

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Caledonia, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The location is close to major freeways, making business travel easy and convenient. It was also close to a variety of restaurants, though I didn't eat near this hotel. Though it doesn't offer much to look at from the outside, it's what's inside that counts. For under $150/night, my room on the 3rd floor was clean, quiet, had plenty of space to spread out my business and the comfortable bed expected from Marriott hotels. Check-in/Check-out was very easy, and the staff very friendly. I can't comment on the in-house restaurant, as I didn't eat here. Parking was free, and it was very easy to park close to the front door. I would choose this location again if conducting business in the Denver area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am so glad to hear our location made doing business in Denver more convenient for you! With our upcoming lobby renovation, our hotel will provide a grab & go bistro and Starbucks to save more time during a hectic business day. Be sure to try our restaurant during your next stay with us - Chef Jaime's new menu is killer! We look forward to having you return as our guest.

Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

this is a nice hotel, looks to be newly renovated. welcoming lobby area, nice cocktail lounge (not a bar, as it is more cozy and warm looking). Located just off I25 on Colorado Ave., which is a very busy street and not one you want to cross to get to the other side. Not much in the area to walk to anyway, but with a car, the places you can go are very accessible. The highway is just down the street, which can get you downtown quickly as long as you don't hit rush hour. Colorado takes you to the museum, zoo and taking a turn down 17th takes you to numerous good restaurants as well as downtown. Cherry Creek mall and the lovely shopping streets of Cherry Creek are just a ways down Colorado. Hotel rooms are nicely done, comfortable beds, nice breakfast buffet in the AM till 10. Would definitely stay again as it is very convenient to get to and from. Oh, and this is a big one, parking is free.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and giving our future guests great tips on how to get around the area! There are a few restaurants (Noodles & Co., Old Chicago's, Blackeyed Pea, Starbucks) and some shopping (Nordstroms Rack) within walking distance, but we do recommend taking advantage of our free parking so you might explore Denver. We're also just a few blocks away from a lightrail station which can take you directly Downtown with no bother during rush hour! I hope to have you as our guest again soon and appreciate your positive feedback.

Westwood, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed 2 nights and enjoyed the comfortable stay. Nice lobby area with plenty of seating, and free wi-fi was available throughout the hotel. Staff was pleasant and accomodating. Three of us stayed in the room and we didn't feel cramped at all.
I was skeptical after exiting the elevator at the 6th floor, only to find that our room was next to the vending and ice machines. I can honestly say that I never once heard a noise from them.
We were visiting the University of Denver and this location was very convenient to campus.

Room Tip: Try to secure a room on the top floor. Views of the mountains can be seen from 2 sides of the hotel...
    • 4 of 5 stars
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at our hotel. Our staff will be delighted to hear that you found their service accomodating and we provided your party with a comfortable room! We also have Suites with 2 Queen beds which can even accomodate more people comfortably and face West towards the Rocky Mountains. We're the closest full service hotel to University of Denver and I'm very glad to hear you found it to be a convenient home-base during your campus visit. Thank you again for your kind response and we hope to have you as our guest again in the near future!

Kindly,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Loved the lobby---fireplace and always hot coffee and fresh flavored ice water. Attractive business area and a small but cozy bar. We did not try the restaurant but it looked nice and inviting. Rooms were well-sized with coffee pot, small fridge and microwave. Free wi-fi---always a big plus! We will be happy to go back there again.

Dear Guest,

We're so glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us! Thank you for sharing your positive experience on TripAdvisor. Next time you stay with us we highly recommend you try our restaurant! Chef Jaime Rios' new menu is to die for and we have nightly dinner specials!

Kindly,
San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Visited for the weekend from California with the family. Hotel is in great location to eats and shopping. Was out late Sat evening with family and got lost trying to find the hotel in the wee morning (05:00). Tried calling the hotel for help to reach them. Was lost for almost an hour, ended up all the way in Thornton and had to drive up and down Colorado blvd. very frustrating when you think you can call your hotel for help to get to them and no one answers. Currently staying in hotel, checking out soon and was so mad about this that I wanted to review while it was still fresh in my head. Weekend here was going so well with the fact that we lounged in the dining area the first night to watch the ball game and enjoy the cozy atmosphere with appetizers but for something like this to ruin a great review.....

Dear Guest,

I am very disappointed to hear our staff was unavailable to provide the essential service of directions back to our property. In spite of the early hour, someone should certainly have been available to answer the phone in your time of need. I sincerely apologize that your otherwise pleasant stay was marred by such a great oversight. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to correct this issue and ensure that no matter what time of day it is our staff is alert and available to all guests. I will be personally overseeing this issue and putting processes in place to ensure our staff is available at all hours. Should you return to Denver, I hope you'll give us another try, as you did not experience a true Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek stay. Thank you again for providing this insight into your experience.

Denver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

The sound insulation between adjoining rooms is so inadequate that I not only heard, but could follow word for word the conversation in the next room. And this was after asking to be moved to a quieter room--the second was worse! If you are given a room with a door between it and the adjacent one, just hope that one is unoccupied. People usually go to hotels for a place to sleep....pretty difficult with the noise level in inadequately insulated rooms.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that is not a potential suite, i.e., no door between it and the next one.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us of the issues with noise you experienced during your stay. I do hope that you accept my sincere apologies for our staff not taking the appropriate measures to ensure your comfort even after requesting a quiet room.

I will be taking the necessary steps to inform the appropriate departments of the problems raised. I will personally speak with our Front Desk staff, to which I can assure you will be taking the necessary action to ensure that guests who request quiet rooms are not blocked into rooms which are connecting. I can assure you that this incident is an isolated one, and I am sorry that we failed you on this occasion.

Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. I am only sorry you did not receive our normally high standards of service. Should you return to Denver in the future, please contact me as I will personally oversee you reservation to ensure that your stay is flawless. Thank you again for your invaluable feedback which allows us to iron out the kinks for all of our guests. I sincerely hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Best wishes,

Courtyard by Marriott – Denver Cherry Creek
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
La Quinta Inn Denver Cherry Creek

Been to Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!