“Great hotel”

Ranked #66 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Manhattan Beach, California
“Great hotel”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Location is prime with easy access to i-25 and amazing mountain views. Clean rooms and lobby, courteous staff...would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank nstock1283
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek and for your feedback on your recent stay. We really appreciate your comments on our great location and mountain views...definitely key benefits to our hotel. However, it is always that our staff provided you with great service that stands out...it is our most important attribute and always our number one goal. We look forward to being your host in the future and sincerely Thank you for taking the time to recognize our team.

Veanne Stocking

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Phenomenal hotel and stellar service, from front desk to the general manager who personally introduced herself. Great central location to fabulous shopping and highways. Thank you for a great experience my family Will absolutely be back!!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank raeannenwagner
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback we sincerely appreciate it! That you and your family had a great time during your visit to Denver is exactly what our goal in hospitality is... great service to every guest; every time. I was thrilled to hear you had stellar service. We look forward to being your host in the future and once again Thank you for your recognition and great feedback.

San Jose, California
Reviewed March 5, 2012

In terms for value for money, I think the Courtyard brand takes some beating. This is one of the best courtyards.

While I really like the new receptions they have been standardizing on in other Courtyards, this one is different, in that it has a more traditional reception area, with a nice fireplace and seats in the reception area, which makes the place feel welcoming, and the reception staff were excellent.

The room was good, comfortable bed, though still with the relatively low quality sheets that you get at Courtyard (not really a criticism - when you're not paying top dollar, you shouldn't expect the high end luxuries). The bathroom was a little small and not well lit, but it wasn't too bad.

This hotel has one of the better hotel bars. Nice welcoming staff and a decent menu.

The gym and swimming pool are excellent. I actually couldn't get into the pool due to some sort of problem with the door card system, but the receptionists couldn't have been more helpful in getting it resolved so I could get my daily swim in.

All told, this is an excellent hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side of the hotel that faces the mountains - it's a spectacular view.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PaulMJohnson
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Dear Guest –

Dear Gues,

We truly appreciated the kind feedback regard the Courtyard by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek. Our goal is to give every guest an exceptional hospitality experience and your comment on “Great customer service” is exactly what we strive to achieve with every guest, every stay. I was also please to hear that you enjoyed the Fire place in the lobby, the Fitness Center and our Bar and Restaurant. Above all I was thrilled that you were able to get your daily swim in once our Front Desk Agent handled the key lock issue. We are a full service hotel and therefore not a typical Courtyard. It is truly our pleasure to be your host and we hope that when your travels bring you back to the Denver area, we can again be your “home away from home”.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 28, 2012

As many of you who read my reviews know, I travel both for business and for pleasure and I do both a lot. With the exception of this hotel, I'm a loyal Marriott fan. There's nothing wrong with this hotel. It has precisely the quality that one would expect from a Courtyard, and as others have mentioned, while it's not actually in Cherry Creek (fail points to whomever is responsible for naming this property), it's not far from it and Cherry Creek is a wonderful area for laid back, upscale nightlife. I also met some wonderful patrons in the bar.

I will, however, never stay at this property again. Upon checking in, the lady at the counter informed me that I needed to provide my phone number and email address and that I could not check in without providing them. This struck me as odd because I'm a platinum member with my number on the reservation so I would guess that they already have access to my information. If corporate doesn't give individual hotels that information, I assume it's for a reason. Anyway, I was having an experience that I've never had before, the woman was pretty adamant that there was a management policy that I could not check in without providing certain pieces of information that I did not want to give, and she knew that I was clearly bothered by this. She tried to explain that this was for the benefit of the customers in case they left items in their rooms after checking out which, of course, was bull. They were collecting customer information for whatever reason and holding their customers' reservations as ransom.

I lied of course, and I was just ready to check in after an afternoon of traveling.

So...I'm sitting at the hotel bar a short time later having great conversations with employees that shall remained unnamed. S/he (or it?) was well aware of the policy and sympathized. She also noted that the employee who checked me in was, in fact, the manager who had made the policy and that she could have, of course, checked me in with or without this non-standard information.

Today is February 28th and I am spending this week at the Downtown J.W. This, I believe, is my third time staying here since I stayed at the Courtyard. I hope that the information that this Courtyard tried to swindle out of me was worth the over $3K that I've dropped at this hotel since.

>:-)

Look...doesn't seem like a big deal, right? Your information is your information, people, and when you stay at a hotel week in and week out -- a chain that you call home away from home as a business traveler -- I can get asking for information to see if I'll give it up but there's no excuse for holding my reservation captive unless I do.

Room Tip: They may try to force you to give unneeded pieces of personal information. Feel free to lie.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank fyvekatz
Dear Guest,

I am very concerned that you left displeased with your recent stay with us. We are very committed to providing each and every guest with both superior facilities and service.
We realize that our guests' privacy and giving out personal information such as an email address is a personal choice. As a Marriott rewards member I'm sure you also realize that Marriott does not require this information. That you were told it was necessary is definitely a concern and will be immediately addressed. I was also equally concerned that you received inaccurate information from our bartender. Policies are not started or implemented without my involvement. I am sorry I did not have the opportunity to discuss this with you in person. I sincerely appreciate your feedback as this gives us an opportunity to correct the error and improve are communication and enhance our guest service. Our commitment to make your stay perfect obviously did not happen...these issues are certainly not representative of our hotel and our staff. I

We take hospitality very seriously. With that being said, I would very much like to discuss your recent stay. Please feel free to call or e-mail me at veanne.stocking@marriott.com, or 303-757-8797. I look forward to speaking to you and hope you will allow us to be you host in the future.

Michigan, USA
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Great Courtyard. Very Friendly staff, and good location. They still have the buffet style breakfast with a guy who makes omelets, better than average. Nice bar with a good selection. Nice view of the Rockies.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feed backon your recent stay. We know that having a breakfast buffet is important to travelers who are on the road on a regular basis and who do not want a pre-packaged serve yourself experience. I am thrilled that you could enjoy all the amenities the Courtyard in Cherry Creek has to offer. The lounge with a full service bar and rooms with mountain views certainly enhance your stay and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to identify each of these amenities. Should your travels bring you back to the Denver area we hope that we can again be your host.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed three nights with my daughter to look at local colleges. Had two rooms facing the mountains (an unexpected plus)--I am a fan of Courtyard Hotels and this was as expected.
Beds were comfortable, staff was very friendly. Used the workout room twice-a little small, but adequate if not crowded. Breakfast buffet was good and the service there was great. I like having the little lobby bar for a drink or two in the evening without having to leave.

There were a lot of familes staying there attending some kind of youth ice hockey tournament and the hotel accomodated them by letting a group order/eat pizza in the lobby-I heard the mgr discussing whether to let this happen and they decided it was okay--they weren't hurting anything. Also, the staff set up a separate breakfast area in a meeting room for all the kids to have breakfast in the mornings, which was wise and allowed the regular breakfast area to remain for the other guests.
The place was clean and well run. I will return.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Dear Guest – we truly appreciated the kind feedback regarding your stay over the weekend. We continually host parents and students considering local colleges. Staying in one of our Mountain View rooms and seeing the Colorado Rockies on a clear day is spectacular. I’m so glad we had a Mountain View room available for your family. We enjoy hosting sports teams on the weekend and always try to put them in a separate room for their meals. This allows all other guests to have access to the restaurant, and the buffet without a long wait and gives the youth a separate place to be with each other while on the road. Once you have selected a college I hope we can be your “Home away from home” as you visit your student over the next four years. We strive to meet every expectation our guests have and it is always special to have someone recognize these efforts. Thank you! ~

Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Everytime I am in Denver, this is the hotel I stay at. Affordable, really nice people on staff and good location.

Room Tip: Microwave and refrig in the room a nice plus. Hotel staff really great.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Dear Dianna,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments and feedback. We are thrilled that you have made the Courtyard Cherry Creek your home while staying in Denver. I was especially please that you received excellent service from our staff. Hospitality at its best is giving superior service to every guest, every stay~ that you have taken the time to give us both the recognition and feedback is very much appreciated.

We look forward to being your host again soon.

Veanne Stocking
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denver
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Cherry Creek
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek
Hampton Inn and Suites Denver-Cherry Creek
Residence Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek
Holiday Inn Denver - Cherry Creek

Been to Courtyard Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!