“Decent food, but not worth what they are charging.”
Review of The Market

The Market
Ranked #77 of 3,111 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed October 21, 2012

They have a large assortment of prepared food and what smells like great coffee (never had it, though).
I've been in 7 to 10 times and every time I'm amazed a what they charge for takeaway food. Again, it's good food for takeaway, but they charge you like it is a full-service restaurant. Do yourself a favor and hit up Osteria Marco next door. Both the food and service (it's sit down) are better.

Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

If I could live here I would. Of all the coffee shops I've visited in Denver the market is my favorite. Right downtown on larimer, it has some tables outside but inside there are tons of tables. The coffee is amazing and there are lots of interesting concoctions (try the Black Forest latte). The food is great (mostly cold dishes). The atmosphere is what I love the most. Happy and cozy with friendly interesting baristas everywhere. I spend almost every afternoon here. Love it

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I really enjoy the atmosphere of The Market. They have coffee, smoothies, teas, pastries, plus sandwiches and homemade desserts and everything is mostly local and/or all natural. It's a fun place to sit down after walking around 16th St. Mall and have a drink and some dessert with friends. There is something for everyone, and the espresso bar has a lot of unique drink combinations!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Went to the market for a quick Saturday breakfast. The line is always out the door & super busy, so thought we would go on a weekend when it was less chaotic.

Atmosphere is nice, lovely wooden floors with lots of yummy food and speciality goods & treats. Prices are very reasonable & food came out quite quickly.

Ordered scrambled eggs, bacon & fruit salad, for under $7! partner had the breakfast pocket & we shared a blueberry turn over which was delicious. Coffees ok too.

As it was early in the day, the majority of the food for lunch etc was being prepared. Everything looked delicious, especially the salads. Prices very reasonable aswell.

Similar to other reviews, I also found the set uo of paying/ordering very disorganized. If you have never been here before it can be very confusing working out where/how to pay. Clearer signs & instructions would be helpful. Likely a kindly server explained to us what to do which was appreciated. The Batista was q bit abrupt & made us feel like idiots not knowing whether to sit down or wait for our coffees. Can see how staff get irritated informing customers how the process of ordering/paying/collecting food works over & over agin due to the confusion!

Apart from the random set up, good place to eat, grab & go. I like the cafe style tables & chairs. Not very noisy inside either which is good. Sitting outside watching everything in Larimer street looks like a great spot to have a coffee too!

Not a huge fan of the plastic cutlery but understand it is a place to grab a quick meal or drink.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

The Market is a Denver institution...it's been in the same location, under the same trademark blue awning on Larimer Square for probably 30 years. I've been inside to browse, maybe order coffee, several times, but I'd never eaten a meal there until recently. I met up with a group before a show at DCPA and we wanted something quick and light before the show. The Market fit the bill...their menu has a lot of options, from sandwiches to hot dishes and gourmet deli salads, to beautiful, decadent cakes and pastries. The weird, confusing thing about The Market is the layout. You cannot just walk up to the front counter, order a sandwich, a piece of cake, and a latte. You order and pay for coffee and pastries in the front/downstairs, sandwiches on one side of the deli counter upstairs, hot dishes and deli salads on the other side, and cakes on another. There are tables and racks of shelving everywhere and they are packed with gourmet packaged foods, teas, coffees, knick knacks, candies, etc. It's a bit of sensory overload. But, the food is deliciouls, portion sizes are adequate for the price, and the cakes are breathtakingly beautiful. Two of us shared the curried chicken salad sandwich (really yummy and plenty to share) and a giant slice of chocolate cake (also really good). Prices were on-point for the location, and we were fed and on our way to the show within 35-40 minutes despite there being a long line at the deli counter.

Been to The Market? Share your experiences!