“Great German Food in Downtown Denver”
Review of Cafe Berlin - CLOSED

Cafe Berlin
Cuisines: Austrian, German, Swiss, Central European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Denver, Colorado
“Great German Food in Downtown Denver”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I visited on a Saturday night for dinner and enjoyed the great service and excellent food. My husband studies in Germany for a semester and shared that it had the same "flavor" as many dishes he had enjoyed. The food is plated just as you would have in the home of a family member. Portions are generous but would like to have seen a bit more attention to detail. The bread and butter were ice cold. The restaurant did offer a special dish in December, the Christmas Goose which my husband loved. Overall a great experience.

• Visited December 2012

South Riding, Virginia, United States
“A little bit of Germany in Denver”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

After a long first day at a convention, my 6 friends and I wanted to go somewhere close, interesting, relaxing, and delicious for dinner. Since I love German food, I talked my group into going to the Cafe Berlin, and I don't think any of us regretted the decision. I had rouladen and enjoyed it quite a lot. It may seem strange to gush over red cabbage, but I thought their cabbage was absolutely perfect. There's a great German beer selection, and we all enjoyed our various ventures into different kinds of beer. This isn't a fancy restaurant, but I think you won't be disappointed if you want a relaxed meal, a couple of great German beers, and a good, sturdy German meal!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Vicki_in_Virginia
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great food Great Service”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We dined at Cafe Berlin while at a business convention in Denver. It was an easy walk from the Denver Convention Center to the 16th Street mall via Champa St., which runs right next to Convention Center. The restaurant is located upstairs from a Mexican Restaurant on the corner of 16th and Champa. Elevator is available next to staircase. Small signage but you can find it. The owner and hostess were very accomodating. We originally has reservations for 12 but downgraded to 8. When we were able to get ahold of the restaurant during hours they were open and speak to someone, we had no problems. Their answering service is very odd. Call during business hours, their ghost plays with the phone. Food was exceptional. A variety of schnitzel that should satisfy any palet. We stayed away from the bar but it sure looked tempting for next trip to Denver when we are not on a dinner break from business meetings.

Greenville, South Carolina
“Horrible food! Great location, good service”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

You always have to wonder if you are there for lunch and you are the only patron. Well the reviews below, the portions were fine, but the people below ate somewhere else. The food was so bad. We had some sauce on the schnitzel that was pure paste, chalk and colored pink with paprika. They called it paprika schnitzel. It is so horrendous I was literally I'll until I got something else in my stomach. I went back to the conference and tried my hardest to find some ing to settle my stomach. My mother and brother are German and I can say this is not German food. The only good thing was the potato pancake which was not done and was not seasoned. Please take a pass. I agree with below the location is great, now let's put a restaurant there!

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Average German fare”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Like I said, just average, but if you want German food you should go. My son really loved his pork chops. My wife and I had the schnitzel and both were good, but not outstanding. Portions are enormous and none of us could finish, so my son took some home. The red cabbage was a little on the sweet side, could have used some more vinegar for my taste. Pickled herring was good, but again too much for one person. Salads were good. Beer hit the spot. Hostess(owner?) was very warm and friendly.