“Don is the best server they have”
Review of Ship Tavern

Ship Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Ship Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 3,066 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Between Broadway & Tremont Place
Transit: Bus: Civic Center; Light Rail: 18th & California
Description: Home to the region's best prime rib, the Ship Tavern serves lunch and dinner in a vintage pub atmosphere. An excellent choice for sports viewing, the Tavern features exceptional micro-brewed beer and wine selections, and live entertainment Wednesday through Saturday evenings.DailyLunch: 11:00 am - 5:00 pmDinner: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pmBar: 11:00 am - MidnightLive Entertainment:Wednesday - Saturday 8:30 pm - 11:30 pm
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Don is the best server they have”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Simply put, the service was wonderful. Upon arrival, the food seems a little pricey, but it is worth the money. I had a cobb salad with the house made ranch, and it was great. My waiter, Don, recommended the apple cobbler and boy was it delicious! When you see that it costs $9, don't hesitate because it was worth every penny. Don was the real reason my experience was so great. He was an excellent server who was there at all the right times, but never around enough to bother you. He was fun and personable and even talked NBA basketball with me when I told him I was from OKC (he dogged The Heat... instant brownie points). If I had the cash, I would have left Don a $50 tip. Yes, he was that great. Someone please give the man a raise! I may even swing back by tomorrow for some Thunder basketball!

Visited June 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Service!”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I just wanted something small to take to my room - they not only accomodated my unusual request but also suggested a drink to accomodate.

Visited May 2012
Houston
“Popular spot for after work crowd”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We had an early dinner at the Ship Tavern on a Tuesday evening. The restaurant was nearly full of happy hour patrons. They are known for their seafood, so my husband and I shared the crab cake appetizer and he had the special which was scallops. I had the Cobb Salad. The waitstaff was very attentive. The hotel is rather formal so we were not dressed for the Palace Arms and were looking for a casual meal anyway. We would return.

Visited June 2012
Farmington, Connecticut
“Excellent food. Pricey.”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

While in Denver for a convention, our group of nine had dinner in the Tavern. We chose it for it's historic ambience and fine dining. The room did not disappoint and the food was excellent. The waiter was very knowledgeable and friendly.

Most of us had the prime rib, which was truly outstanding. Huge portion and well prepared. The service was excellent.

Although the entreés are pricey, The Ship's Tavern is worth it.

• Visited May 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Terrific steaks!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We ate there on a Sunday night, when the Palace Arms restaurant was closed, and so I was a little disappointed. But our server was cheerful and attentive. The food was just amazing. I had the rib eye, and it was one of the best steaks I have ever had. My husband's prime rib was also excellent. The kitchen was even kind enough to trade our vegetable sides for us! :-) I left the restaurant feeling completely satisfied.

Visited May 2012

Been to Ship Tavern? Share your experiences!