“Ok start led to a poor finish”
Review of Beast and Bottle

Beast and Bottle
Reserve with OpenTable
Beast and Bottle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #156 of 3,084 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington St
Transit: Bus Route #32 stops at 19th & Washington. We are about a 5 minute walk from the bus stop.
Description: A new look at the tastes of the Mediterranean inspired by the cuisines of Spain, Italy & Southern France. Boldness of taste, purity of ingredients, simplicity of presentation and uncomplicated describes the food. Made by hand each dish showcases the flavors of this area. Olivea's menu changes seasonally to make the most of the current harvests and reflect the values of ourselves as well as the countries we emulate. Olivea also celebrates the Mediterranean shared sense of exuberant hospitality and extroverted love of food.
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We tried Beast and Bottle for our anniversary and we won't be back. The waitress apologized for taking awhile to get to the table which wasn't a big deal initially but forgot to take my drink order after taking my partners. The appetizer and salad came out timely manner but then everything stopped. As I was waiting the 45 minutes plus for our entrees the guys at the next table were dropping F Bombs, and some chick who had a seizure was power puking right in front of me. When my partners food came out the lamb was ICE cold but the plate was hotter than the food. The waitress offered to fix it but we didn't have another 45 minutes to wait for a re-cook nor did my partner want to pay for a meal that was microwaved. She explained that everything is cooked to order and that it was not their fault for the long cook time. We tipped twenty percent and left.
It was sad but my boyfriend went home disappointed and hungry on for our anniversary meal. We should have gone to Humboldt.

There are newer reviews for Beast and Bottle

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Completely original menu in all regards. The chef is clearly very creative and everything we ordered was delicious. The restaurant prides itself in "nose to tail" use of meats that they butcher in house. The result is an array of unexpected dishes, none of which disappointed. (Probably not a great place for a vegetarian, though the mushroom pate entree was presumably vegetarian and very good.)

Menu includes a broad selection of small dishes and about 8 entrees that included lamb, pasta, pork, chicken and halibut. I could have been happy with any of them. The asparagus souffle was especially outstanding. Extensive wine list plus fun cocktails and craft beers.

Our server was appropriately attentive and knowledgeable, but not overbearing.

The restaurant is quite small with some outdoor seating. Reservations are a must. The Uptown neighborhood is a fun area, but parking can be challenging.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

First, the space is super cute and cozy. We had the little booth at the front of the restaurant in the window and it was awesome! The drink menu is incredibly unique and ohh so good. The menu is delightful as well - everything was delicious thought the pork belly was a little overcooked but then I'm not sure I've ever had BAD pork belly so it's not like it was a total loss. The asparagus soufflé was our favorite by a long shot though! The service was terrific as well. We will absolutely be back, in fact, I can't wait for our next date here! Thanks B+B!

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely fabulous! We are from Chicago and this lovely restaurant would be great there or in NY or anywhere. We get to Denver a couple times a year and will be back for sure to B&B.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

After reading a couple of reviews on a Friday night, we decided to try Beast and Bottle. We were amazed to find parking, and also, we were seated right away. The service was wonderful and the atmosphere/decor very pleasant and relaxing. We were looking forward to an exciting palate of flavors the menu was boasting about. We order a couple of appetizers (small plates) and were blown away - combination of flavors was amazing. Unfortunately, we did not suspect that it would be the best part of our meal. Braised lamb with potatoes - was OK. The meat wasn't quite falling of the bones, and there was this sauce with smoked flavor. It killed all of the other flavors on the plate. Potatoes were also smoked, but the flavor was almost as if someone poured liquid smoke on them and then baked them. I know that wasn't the case, but that was the flavor. Pork chop - OK, nothing too spectacular. Dessert - tart crust was too thick and was barely breakable with a knife. The dessert had several interesting components, including avocado sauce, however, none of them went together. Would I recommend it? Yes, of course, perhaps you will have better luck and different menu, but be prepared that some flavors this restaurant experiments with are not always well matched. Would I return? I don't know. For $170 dinner for two, w/ one cocktail and glass of champagne, I might take my money somewhere else.