“Deli style”

Heidi's Brooklyn Deli
Ranked #686 of 3,271 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed July 6, 2014

A liverwurst sandwich on rye. Could only eat half for lunch. Generous portions, no pretense here. My napkin was a paper towel. Enjoyed

Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is a tough one for me. I used to eat at Heidi's often a few years ago when our downtown Denver office was just a block away from one. Even back then I used to love their sandwiches but would be upset with myself every time for spending that kind of $ on a sandwich! My latest visit was no exception.

I was working on a construction project a couple of blocks down from this location and decided that it's been a while since I've been to a Heidi's so I gave it another try for lunch. I ordered my favorite - Cajun Turkey on sourdough. First the sandwich - very good. If my experience was based solely on the sandwich I would've given it 5 out of 5. The bread had a crunchy outer crust and the dough was soft and moist. My first complaint is minor - Like all other bread companies outside of San Francisco they left out the "sour" in sourdough. The meat, avocado & Cajun sauce were all delicious but my second minor complaint is that it's served cold. I always remedy this situation by asking for the sandwich to be toasted. Ahhhh, much better!

Now for the negatives - I did not care for the attitude behind the counter when ordering. This guy did not like me altering his "artistic rendition" of this sandwich. I simply asked for it to be toasted.....THAT WAS IT! From that moment on, attitude! Tisking, rolling of the eyes, etc. Whatever, just make my sandwich! You are not a "sandwich artist!" He asked me three times what side I wanted with my sandwich and all three times I said "potato salad." When he finished, he THREW it all in the bag and slid it across the counter AT me, turned his back and I never got a thank you. He simply went to the next person in line to see how that person was going to annoy him!

My other problem with this meal was obviously the price - $9 for a sandwich and a small ice cream scoop sized potato salad, no drink. I guess they think they can justify these prices by adding a 1/4 cup side of potato salad. Everyone else might think this constitutes a bargain but I'm not buying it.....well I did, but not anymore! It's too bad. I really do like the sandwiches but refuse to pay that kind of $ again. IT'S JUST A SANDWICH!!! Get over yourselves Heidi's!!!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We went to Heidis for lunch. Service was fast. I got a meatball sub on italian, it was very good. I thought the size was great, my sandwich came with a pickle and a side choice. There are tons of sandwiches to choose from, lots of bread choices and cheese. We got a cookie as well, it was great! Definately would recommend this place for a sandwich.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Their sandwiches on freshly baked bread are very generous. I try to stop here for lunch every time I'm in Denver.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

It is not on the menu anymore but they still make it for you. It's called a Brooklyn Bomber on dark rye. I love to go here. It is a roast beef and egg salad on dark rye. They serve it with a yummy dill pickle and chips. The price is great and the whole sandwhich is really to much for a female.I go to the oneacross from Park Meadows in the JOnn's center, kind of close to WOW the furniture store there.Thepeople are s nice and they keeo it clean, I know you will enough it. They also serve great crab cakes.