“Very Good”

Budapest Bistro
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My husband and I went here for our anniversary dinner and were delighted. The food was delicious, the wine tasty, and the service decent. I especially enjoyed the strudel.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We returned to Budapest Bistro while in Denver just a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed our meal once again. I reviewed this resaurant last year and looked forward to returning on our next trip to Denver. Our service was great and the food very good. As a bonus our daughter was able to try out her Hungarian on the owner. See you next trip!

Reviewed April 14, 2012

I read of this restaurant on Trip Advisor. Not in the LODO area, but accessible by car, of course. neat area of Denver-small boutique lined street. My wife had the cucumber salad--not an oil and vinegar creation. I had the mushroom soup (not from a can!)--both delicious. I had chicken chunks on pasta--sauce was delicious-meat a bit overcooked to my taste. My wife had Tilapia on potatoes--great sauces-again slightly overcooked to our tastebuds. Dessert was fresh apple strudel--the nicest we have had--light pastry dough--not the thick heavy stuff that sits for days at the bakery-this is made fresh daily. really delicious. We will return. Neat staff, great classical music, simple but very comfortable ambiance.

1  Thank HARLAND R
Reviewed January 26, 2012

It's a nice place, very cozy, and it reminds me of being in a bistro in Europe. The food has always been great, so has the service. Definitely try the soups and the Langos. The entrees are full of flavor, I've had the goulash, schnitzel, paprikash and steaks, and I can honestly recommend all of them. The place is perfect for a romantic dinner or nice night out. Save room for dessert, especially the Gundel Palacsinta, it's flambeed at the table.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

Went with my sister in law who is Hungarian. Food was very good with personal service. (My sister in law met the owner and had a wonderful conversation in Hungarian with her.) I loved the atmosphere - very homey and warm. Would definitely go back again.