“Enjoyable dinner on 16th Street Mall”
Review of Marlowe's

Marlowe's
Reserve with OpenTable
Marlowe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #213 of 3,256 Restaurants in Denver
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Glenarm
Transit: The free shuttle on the 16th Street Mall makes getting to Marlowe's very easy from all RTD and light rail stops downtown.
Description: Marlowe's echoes with the history and charm of Denver and the 16th Street Mall. Since opening our doors on the ground floor of the Historic Kittredge Building in 1982, Marlowe's witnessed downtown's steady growth from parking lots to skyscrapers. Our huge, imported sliding windows open to the 16th Street Mall and afford a wonderful opportunity for guests to watch downtown life glide past, while our hand-crafted Vermont cherry wood bars, vaulted ceilings and black-and-white tile floors are just a taste of our unique architectural style. Marlowe's serves lunch from 11am until 4pm every day of the week. We serve dinner from 4:30pm until 10pm Sunday-Thursday, and from 4:30pm until 11pm Friday and Saturday. You can join us for our delicious (and locally-sourced) brunch on Saturday and Sunday starting at 9am and going until 4pm. We have a late night menu, consisting of just our appetizers, every night for an hour after we stop serving our full menu. Marlowe's also has sizeable wine, cocktail and beer lists. We offer over 21 draughts, more than half from local breweries. Happy Hour is Monday-Friday from 3pm until 7pm and from 10pm until close. Since Marlowe's grand opening more than three decades ago, we have been one of Denver's most popular spots for lunch, after-work cocktails and dinner. We continue to be committed to our community and pride ourselves on being the oldest locally owned and operated restaurant on the 16th Street Mall. We place strong emphasis on locally sourced products and love being a staple of the Downtown Denver scene!
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Marlowe’s is a historic saloon & chophouse in The Kitteredge Building, listed on the National Register of Historic Places & Denver’s 1st skyscraper. We ate our dinner al fresco, with a canopy over our heads, on the 16th Street Mall (a pedestrian mall) with a couple from our tour from Australia. As Denver PrideFest (recognized as one of the top ten pride events in the country) happened to be occurring, it turned out to be quite a surprise show. We saw many folks strolling by in wild outfits/costumes & also various states of undress. Inside the restaurant, I saw signed pictures on the wall of celebrities who’d been there: Joan Rivers, Bonnie Raitt, George Carlin, etc. Our food was very good, & I especially enjoyed one of the appetizers we’d shared, Lobster & Crab Tostados. A lovely dinner!

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Was there as part of a party of six. It's not an extensive menu but the portions were huge. The chips for the spinach dip were bigger than my hand. My entrée was done well and tasted great. They even made the substitution that I asked for with no difficulty. However, we had to wait between 30 and 40 minutes between courses. I watched other tables and they had similar waits. For just appetizers and entrées we were there over two hours. It was not overcrowded either. Wasted our whole evening.

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Attended a large business dinner with a party of 30. Staff was incredibly friendly and attentive. The food choices included a large portioned eggplant parmigiana, a 6 oz sirloin and a bone-in chicken. Everyone I spoke with enjoyed their meals and found them to be flavorful. My steak was slightly over temperature but remained juicy. The accompanying side of blue cheese mashed potatoes were fantastic and a bit indulgent, but I finished them anyway because they were so good.

All in all, I'd recommend Marlowe's for a business or casual dining experience while in Denver...

Reviewed July 8, 2014

The chicken piccata was delicious. Skip the fried cheese curds. I like how this place slides open the windows on nice days.

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Sat outside, my wife did not want to sit street side, too close to the crowd, so our table located next to the building tilted with the sidewalk. I had a NY strip medium rare with Cheddar scalloped potatoes and swiss chard. For a buck fifty extra I got some onions and mushrooms. The food arrived properly prepared, it was tasty. My wife got the jumbalya (sp?). It had plenty of good sized shrimp and sausage, it was a little bit spicy. Although not bad I would be mindful of the value.