Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center
Ranked #6 of 154 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great stay in Denver”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Close to Coors field, great design, clean rooms and friendly staff! Brand new property! Breakfast was great, I loved the fresh cut fruit. Parking attendants were very friendly and helpful. Lobby is very modern and has a nice ambiance. Lobby bar is a nice amenity for this Homewood Suites which you don't normally see. You can also order from a limited but nice casual menu. Overall a great stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Tom S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for your review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope the Rockies field a winning team next season and we will see you more often! It was a pleasure serving you and welcoming you as our guest!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Aurora, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We had a great stay. The room was more than was expected. It was large, clean, comfortable and had everything we could have needed and more. The staff were wonderful and breakfast was extraordinary in the best of ways.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Cassandra Z
Dear Cassandra, thank you for choosing our brand new hotel for the bachelorette party. I trust you found the location convenient to the nightlife in downtown Denver. We look forward to serving you again soon!
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Centrally located in downtown Denver; everything within walking distance (16th Street Mall is a great walking area). Staff was helpful and friendly. Good breakfast and dinner (manager's reception) included in price. Room was quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel as well as the surrounding area. There is always a lot to see and do in downtown Denver. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to town.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I was really happy with my stay here while attending a convention center event, which was just a block away. You can easily access 16th st, the free bus, and the Cherry Creek Greenway. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast is basic, but filling. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tom S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Kyle, thank you for your comments. Many of our guests are experiencing Homewood Suites for the first time and the evening reception is always popular. We look forward to welcoming you as our guest again soon!
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed at the Hybrid Homewood Suites/Hampton Inn. (It is a Hampton on one side & Homewood Suites on the other). I was here for business meeting, the room was booked on the Homewood side of the hotel. Location is great, one block from the convention center and one block from the 16th st. mall area. Although I did not spend a lot of the time in my room, it was clean and comfortable. Rooms were also quiet. I don't recall hearing noise or voices from any of the other room next to mine or from above or below. They are quite condensed rooms, the only "natural" light comes from the bedroom section. A couple of things I found interesting was in the bathroom. The toilet "handle" is on the right side, apparently all other hotels I have ever stayed in include my toilet at home the handle is on the left side. So "habit" had me reaching on the wrong side for a couple of days. Also the shower does not have a sliding door. The glass is covers about 2/3rd of the shower area. Although the handle to turn on & adjust temperature is on the far side when you enter. I think that is a nice feature. The meeting rooms are on the basement floor, but not all the elevators goes to the basement, depending on which elevator you are on, you may have to change elevators. The meeting rooms were good, met our needs and they put out a decent fruit & veggie spread for our breaks. Restrooms on that level boasted of a built in TV in the mirror. (OK that seems to me like a bit of overkill) and wash cloths were the "towels" to wipe your hands. We lunch catered by the hotel and it was "surprisingly" good. Two kinds of meat, grilled veggies, rosemary mashed potatoes. I saw people from our group go up for seconds. Staff was professional & friendly. Every staff I encountered ask how everything was going, how is my stay. One of the staff who help me with set up for a presentation the day before, remembered my name the next day and inquired if all was well today. All in all a great stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Carol, thank you for your extensive review of our hotel. I have to admit I like the term "hybrid" to describe the hotel(s). I shared your review with our staff and we thank you for staying with us for your meeting. We look forward to your return for business or pleasure!
Effingham, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed here for a night a few weeks ago when passing through Denver on the way to the mountains. Wish we would have planned for a few more nights as the room was the nicest we had on our entire trip. We had plenty of space for my family of four and the full size refrigerator and kitchenette was nice for us and would be great for someone staying longer. As noted in a prior review, the room description may be a bit misleading as the couch and bed are in the same room. No problem for us and my daughters said the hide-a-bed in the couch was quite comfortable. The weekday dinner & drink reception was quite good as was the morning breakfast. (One suggestion - get to the reception early if you want a snack as they ran out of most food by the time we were able to make it.) The hotel is also within easy walking access to the the 16th Street Mall, Larimer Square, LoDo. Whether travelling to Denver for business or vacation in the future I will look to stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: We were able to use a combination of Hilton HHonors points and $ for the room resulting in using onl...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review and I am glad you found the accomodations perfect for you and your family. The majority of our 182 suites have the couch/sitting area separated from the bedroom. Our mobility and hearing accessible rooms have increased square footage however the room design includes the sofa sleeper and king bed in the same room. We will find the perfect suite for your next visit! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on July 17, our first night in Denver. The occupancy was very high in the city that week, and I was sad we were not able to stay longer. The service was excellent, the hotel was chic, and the room (suite) had a full kitchen and everything you could need. The morning breakfast was lovely with fresh berries and breakfast sandwiches. There were multiple people making sure it was well stocked, and there were even people clearing out plates for us.

A special nod to Aubrey at the front desk and a great lady who worked the buffet--I think her name was Fran?--but truly all the staff were so friendly.

The decor of this place is top notch; no skimping anywhere. In the bedroom there are two metal rollershades for day or night.

I hope we have an opportunity to come back to Denver again. I'd stay here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I shared your comments with Aubrey and Fran to recognize them for making your visit memorable. We are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!