Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,187 results
All reviewsconvention centerstreet mallfull kitchengreat locationcomplimentary breakfastliving areamanager's receptionwithin walking distancevalet parkinggreat amenitiesmountain viewcorner roomwould stay here againgreat place to stayvalet servicei highly recommend this hotelroom was spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I chose this property because I had the family along and like the kitchenette and couch when staying a few days. Although I have always had good experiences with Homewood properties, this one raised the bar.

In general, a hotel room is a hotel room. Not so in this case! I am generally indifferent to modern design because it feels cold and industrial, but this designer did an amazing job. The room's look was sleek yet inviting, and the walk -in doorless shower was very cool. The kitchen was fully appointed to the point I was able to cook a pasta dinner. Full -size fridge is always a plus.

However, what sets this hotel apart is service. Normally, you only notice when it is bad, but the staff here was so friendly and attentive that it was noteworthy. From the front desk to the housekeepers, everyone seemed genuinely happy in their jobs. Particularly impressive was the kitchen crew, which had the inenviable task of maintaining order with the breakfast crowd. I was merely impressed until I saw Stefan, a manager in the food Division, actually busing tables. This was unprecedented! At the same time, he noticed a family with two little ones, ran to the back, and brought them toy ducks. The kids were thrilled.

My experience is that this attitude flows from management. Kudos to the entire staff.

Room Tip: Only downside was the mattress. Pretty firm and somewhat, definitely not Westin quality
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JC D
Tom S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

I was excited to share your review with our team. Your comments support our initiative to make our guests our first priority. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a brand new property that is terrifically located for both the Convention Center and access to the 16th Street Mall. Anyone that has looked at hotel prices in downtown Denver has experienced sticker shock. No exception here. I was able, through negotiation directly with the management, to secure a room for (just) $40/night above the Government per diem. The quoted rate was $100 above the Government per diem. The rooms are very spacious, but the lighting is generally inadequate if you like lots of lumens. Bedding is typical for this class of hotel. Sheets are lower thread count, and hence scratchy, so if you're spoiled, at home or on the road, this may bug you. The suite-style room is nice, with the fridge, microwave, and adequate dishes/glass/etc for basic stays. Allows you to keep and reheat leftovers etc for short trips, or go crazy and furnish like a vacation condo for longer visits. A couple of things that bugged me- there never seemed to be anyone at the front desk, and during the busiest times, there seemed to be just one person. They actually allowed someone to check in as "me", even though I had provided a credit card to secure the room. Not good, as the guy checking in would not have been able to produce the correct credit card. In addition, the property was sold out, so I could have been "walked", even as a Hilton frequent-guest program member. There was a lucky cancellation, or I could have gotten hosed. To compound the irritation with the hotel checking someone in using my reservation, they sent someone to beat on my door the second night to see if I was actually occupying the room, with a flimsy "our system is messed up. Not sure if the room is occupied". Really? Pick up the phone, don't force me to get out of bed. The breakfast is included, and is definitely better than the Hampton/Fairmont class of continental breakfast. It's still a little lightweight. Food service manager was working hard, though. Kudos to the kitchen staff. Parking is valet-only, at $31/day. Apparently, Denver seeks to be another San Francisco when it comes to parking. Signage, such as for the meeting rooms, is pretty terrible. They definitely need to fix this, and quickly. This property should be a good option once they've smoothed out a few of the initial bumps. It's certainly going to be better than some of the other pretentious, shabby, overpriced junk in the immediate area.

Room Tip: Elevators are slow. Slow to arrive, slow to move, and apparently not staged at various floors (like Marriott frequently does), so minimize the time stuffed in them by choosing a low floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank freqtraveler86

Thank you for sharing the "rough spots" during your stay. We strive for continuous improvement as the service we provide to our guests is our number one priority. I apologize for the issues that you experienced with the rooming issues. I will follow-up with our managment team to ensure that this situation is not repeated. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

The hotel is nice and new, the location is superb. The restaurant staff and the F&B manager (Stefan) are awesome. They will literally bend backward to make the guests happy. However there were things that bothered us, i.e. the front desk staff and housekeeping. They can use more training in hospitality. When we checked in, the male night staff returned my credit card by sliding it on the table, when I was not looking. Of course my card fell on the floor. Grocery cashiers have better manner than him. As for the housekeeping, we are 2 adults and 2 children. Everyday they gave us only 3 new bath towels - even when we didn't ask for towel change. But strangely they never replaced the kitchen towels. The last thing is the expensive valet parking. We only put our car in their garage from 8.30 pm to 10 am the next day (less than 14 hours) before moving it to next door garage (we prefer to have access to our car), but we were charged $62 nonetheless.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank globalamfamily
Tom S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for your positive and constructive comments regarding your stay. We will identify the individual service opportunities that you shared to provide exceptional service throughout our hotel. The information in your review would indicate a discrepancy in parking charges. If this is still unresolved please contact me at 303 534 7800 ext. 4905. Thank you, Tom

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Hotel was beautiful particularly the lobby area. Everything was new and modern. I really loved our stay there! Our room was modern and unique. We really liked it! The breakfast was very good. Our check in was very smooth and the front desk clerk, Travis, was so polite, friendly and responsive. He made check in and any other questions I had a very positive experience. Only complaint I had was that the valet parking was awfully expensive. While the valet parkers were helpful, the cost was high. Probably should've parked at a cheaper lot directly across the street. The hotel was in a great location, just a block from 16th Street Mall. We were going to the Rockies game and it was close enough to walk both ways. Many restaurants and shopping were near by. Great hotel, wonderful amenities and terrific staff! Would love to stay again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed June 6, 2013

room 1003 for the nights of May 25 - May 28 lovely new room smell everytime I entered great layout and setup enjoyed 3 breakfasts and 1 evening reception lovely fitness center and pool with whirlpool too bad it is in the basement unique property because of hampton on lower floors and homewood on higher business center very nice place to stay in the mile high city lobby unique and well designed only problem was housekeeping came in the pm instead of the am so never got cleaned till after i checked out i had to stay in during pm but not am

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo