“Excellent Newer Property”

Ranked #21 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Denver, Colorado
“Excellent Newer Property”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We were quite pleased with our stay at this hotel. Everything about the hotel is impeccable, including the room, lobby, and pool area. It's walking distance to a ton of restaurants & bars as well. Every element of our stay was fantastic! One little dissapointing aspect, which I didn't deem dramatic enough to reduce my review to 4 stars, was the lack of the Altitude Sports channel in the rooms. The Pepsi Center is less than a mile away, it doesn't make much sense that a guest is unable to watch Avalanche or Nuggets game, whilst staying in downtown Denver! Other than that, I was perfectly happy, and will return to this hotel again, but expect to have access to Altitude Sports next time I stay here. Overall, exceptional hotel!

• Stayed November 2013
Tom S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Jeff, thank you for selecting the Hampton Inn & Suites for your recent overnight in downtown Denver. Although we do not carry Altitude Sports channel in the guest rooms, it is available at our 550 Bar and Patio. We have an extensive sports package lineup for our guests that enjoy getting out of their room and sharing in the excitement of the games with fellow sports fans. We look forward to seeing you again on your next overnight in downtown Denver!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Really impressed with this hotel. Stayed for two nights--the first night quiet, perfect, the second night a lot of noise in hallway and next door--a marching band staying at hotel. I mentioned my disappointment with the second night and they gave me that night free and were very accommodating. Breakfast was excellent, and hotel is close to everything in downtown Denver.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lon H
Tom S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Lon, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites for your recent weekend in Denver. I apologize for the noise you experienced with the neighboring guests. I am pleased to learn that you were pleased with the resolution. We hope to see you often on your trips to Denver. Thank you again for sharing your feedback.
Burbank, California, United States
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is easily the nicest Hampton Inn I have ever stayed in. I was lucky to get a corner room (420 ha ha, welcome to Denver).
This a recently gutted and renovated old bank building. The rooms are large and modern. I was very impressed with the modern fixtures including automated shades, both black out and shades.

True story confessional. Not being acclimated to the altitude and a very heavy handed sommelier, I returned from a business dinner not entirely sober, but not a disaster, I just always lose my keys!
Anyway, the Bellman, recognizing me from my check in and witnessing my trouble finding my room key, offered to help. He walked me to the front desk, got me a new set of keys and an apple then introduced me to a security guard . Security then escorted me to my room and said"Make sure you lock the door and have a good night."

BOOM! As a single female business traveler, never have I received this level of service. And really, I wasn't even that buzzed. This hotel obviously has a very well laid out plan for guest security, and given their proximity to EVERYTHING in DT Denver must deal with their fair share of buzzed guests. It shows.

Thank you! I enjoyed my stay, and that apple.

Room Tip: ask for a 20 room, they are the corner rooms.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jimmy, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites and I am glad we were able to help you through the loss of your keys! We do our best to be prepared for all situations so you know when you return you are in good hands! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Denver!
Oklahoma City, United States
Reviewed November 26, 2013

It's the best hotel in terms of room cleanliness, friendly staff, and location. I get treated great everytime I'm there and it's one block off of 16th Street Mall and the business center. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

1 Thank Travis I
Dear Travis, thank you for your loyalty to our Hampton Inn & Suites in downtown Denver. Please stop by and say hello next time you stay with us. We appreciate your time in sharing your experience through this review.
Topeka, United States
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Great Place to stay!! Great Location!!!..Staff was very helpful & friendly!! I was there to attend the Chiefs vs Bronco's game, I was a lil worried about my SUV, because it is all decked out in CHIEFS, so the Valet Guys parked it in the back lot, instead of the parking garage, which I thought was above and beyond. When I left, all of my magnets & Flags were still on her!!! :) There are many great places to eat, drink & shop, within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Debra D
Dear Debra, thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites for your football weekend! We may be Bronco fans here however we appreciated the passion you have for the Kansas City Chiefs. We would love to see you every year for this exciting rivalry and we thank you for taking the time to share your review!
TOKYO, Japan
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Easy to reach Colorado convention center, 16th Street Mall and Denver Pavilions, everything are walking distance. Provide hot breakfast and 24HR coffee service. Quiet condition at lobby and room, taking good rest.

1 Thank Katsuyuki H
Tom S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel upon your return trip to Japan. I am glad you enjoyed our convenient location and comfort of the hotel. We hope you will stay with us on your next Denver trip!
Bermuda
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Right across the street from the Hyatt and close to a lot of resturants, a mall and walking distance of club district as well as Pepsi center. I would recomend this hotel to anyone visiting Denver on busines or pleasure as it is close to the convention center as well

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Tom S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Omar, thank you for your review and we value your recommendation of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your return trips to Denver.