“Good Fresh Food and Plenty of it”
Review of Bagel Deli

Bagel Deli
Ranked #61 of 3,001 Restaurants in Denver
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a family owned restaurant serving B-L-D. We have served traditional deli style meals in house and for take-out since 1967. Our specialties include homemade corned beef and giant reuben sandwiches, chicken soup with matzo balls, pastrami, brisket and chopped liver too! Breakfast served all day including bagels, eggs and pancakes, homemade blintzes and potato pancakes. Come for a visit and see what the buzz is all about.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Good Fresh Food and Plenty of it”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Don't overlook this hidden gem. Lived in the Denver area over 20 years and did not know they existed! Had to find out about them by watching the Food Network, Diners, Drive-in and Dives. Really not big enough to be called a Diner like in good ole NJ and definitly not a dive. Very clean, great service and great Matzo Ball soup. Feeling sick this is the chicken soup of Jewish Penniciln fame! Better bagels than the other deli down the street. This place is well hidden and a best kept secret. Use your GPS and you can't miss. Fresh well made food. Top rank and now a must stop for me.

Sapulpa, Oklahoma
“Mile high sandwich - kosher”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is a gem in the wild! You would never suspect what fabulous food you will be served as you are walking up to the door. But once we sat down, the service & food was tops. AWe had Matzo ball soup for an appetizer. So good. But our authentic Reuben topped everything. We ordered a half sandwich and my husband and I split it and left with some for a snack. Bagels are fabulous also. This is a must do when in Denver! http://www.bageldeli.com/index.php

Denver, Colorado
“Homemade food!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Didn't really need Diners, Drive-in's and Dives to tell me they have the best kosher food in Denver! Love the breakfasts and the sandwiches are enormous! Everything on the menu is very good and the prices are outstanding. Highly recommend you try this place!

Denver, Colorado
“Not Jewish but Loved the Food!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This place is nothing to look at, just a hole in the wall at the end of a strip mall. Very popular with the locals for good reason though - good food! If you're like me and don't know anything about Jewish food, dive right in! I had matzo ball soup, a meat knish, a latke and locks and bagel. Loved it and will go back!

1 Thank Legamania
Joe K, Owner at Bagel Deli, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thanks for the review. Hope we can continue to educate you in the ways of Jewish cuisine. Enjoy!!
georgia02
“DDD let down”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

BLECH was the unanimous opinion of everyone in my family after leaving this restaurant. I got the DDD sampler. The meat knish was wonderful but everything else was not to my taste. Two people in my party got the brisket sandwich that they said was very dry unless drenched in the au jus. My daughter got the BBQ that, after one bite, she didn't touch again. I will give them credit for asking her why she didn't eat it and they took it off of our bill. I was very dissappointed----the restaurant was interesting but it seems as though they are trying to survive on their DDD publicity. As soon as you walk in the restaurant, the DDD is thrown in your face EVERYWHERE. A TV running a continuous loop of the episode, a chalkboard listing when the next rerun of their episode will be on TV, DDD symbols all over the menu, etc. We went about 6:00 on a Tuesday night and there were 2 other tables filled in the restaurant. I would not recommend or go back.

Joe K, Owner at Bagel Deli, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
I'm truly disappointed that your visit was not up to expectations. We addressed your concern with the brisket and have made some changes as a result in hopes of preventing the dryness issue. It has been our pleasure to serve the Denver community for over 45 years and we are always upset to hear of any problems with the food. Please be assured that we don't feel we are surviving through the DDD exposure, we are just trying to make an enjoyable visit by all. Travelers do indeed like to see the DDD logo and I'm sorry if it adversely affected your experience.

As always, we hope you will give our restaurant another chance in hopes that you can find a much better dining experience. Once again, our sincere apologies.