“Not Jewish but Loved the Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bagel Deli

Bagel Deli
Ranked #46 of 2,986 Restaurants in Denver
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a family owned restaurant serving B-L-D. We have served traditional deli style meals in house and for take-out since 1967. Our specialties include homemade corned beef and giant reuben sandwiches, chicken soup with matzo balls, pastrami, brisket and chopped liver too! Breakfast served all day including bagels, eggs and pancakes, homemade blintzes and potato pancakes. Come for a visit and see what the buzz is all about.
Denver, Colorado
“Not Jewish but Loved the Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

This place is nothing to look at, just a hole in the wall at the end of a strip mall. Very popular with the locals for good reason though - good food! If you're like me and don't know anything about Jewish food, dive right in! I had matzo ball soup, a meat knish, a latke and locks and bagel. Loved it and will go back!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Legamania
Joe K, Owner at Bagel Deli, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thanks for the review. Hope we can continue to educate you in the ways of Jewish cuisine. Enjoy!!

georgia02
“DDD let down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

BLECH was the unanimous opinion of everyone in my family after leaving this restaurant. I got the DDD sampler. The meat knish was wonderful but everything else was not to my taste. Two people in my party got the brisket sandwich that they said was very dry unless drenched in the au jus. My daughter got the BBQ that, after one bite, she didn't touch again. I will give them credit for asking her why she didn't eat it and they took it off of our bill. I was very dissappointed----the restaurant was interesting but it seems as though they are trying to survive on their DDD publicity. As soon as you walk in the restaurant, the DDD is thrown in your face EVERYWHERE. A TV running a continuous loop of the episode, a chalkboard listing when the next rerun of their episode will be on TV, DDD symbols all over the menu, etc. We went about 6:00 on a Tuesday night and there were 2 other tables filled in the restaurant. I would not recommend or go back.

• Visited October 2012
Joe K, Owner at Bagel Deli, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
I'm truly disappointed that your visit was not up to expectations. We addressed your concern with the brisket and have made some changes as a result in hopes of preventing the dryness issue. It has been our pleasure to serve the Denver community for over 45 years and we are always upset to hear of any problems with the food. Please be assured that we don't feel we are surviving through the DDD exposure, we are just trying to make an enjoyable visit by all. Travelers do indeed like to see the DDD logo and I'm sorry if it adversely affected your experience.

As always, we hope you will give our restaurant another chance in hopes that you can find a much better dining experience. Once again, our sincere apologies.
Denver, Colorado
“real deli dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

the only thing missing is the sawdust on the floors and the pickle barrels. growing up in south philly and going to famous deli, when you walked in there were pickle barrels (not sanitary) and sawdust on the floor. this wonderful denver staple has the same atmosphere and really good food. the owners, mona and joe and their son, are carrying on the tradition started by her father when there was another deli on 14th at krameria. for over 45 years i've enjoyed a sandwich here at least once a week. very good and very real

• Visited August 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Unique and Fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I was skeptical, but I had the sampler and thoroughly enjoyed my meal. Others in our group are still raving about their reuben sandwiches. Food was fresh and the service was efficient and friendly. I will definitely return on my next visit to the Denver area.

• Visited July 2012
Turin, Italy
“Best place in Midwest for bagels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

I was looking for some serious bagels in the Midwest but all I could get were chains, not bad but not as good as in NYC. Coming to this place let's you teletransport directly to NYC. The atmosphere and even the furniture resemble that area. Bagels are incredibly good and so are sandwiches. All first top quality. Be sure to get the B2 (lox etc etc etc). The crew is really helpful and kind.