“thoroughly ordinary”
Review of Broker Restaurant

Broker Restaurant
Ranked #169 of 3,005 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: The Broker Restaurant is one of the oldest dining institutions in Denver. Located in the basement of what was once the Denver National Bank Building, this restaurant has become an international destination for old world dining. Prepare to indulge in a huge bowl of peel and eat Gulf shrimp that comes with every dinner entree. They are still famous for their elegant private dining and business dinners. Make sure to ask to tour the old vault and numerous private dining rooms.
Longmont, Colorado
“thoroughly ordinary”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Would have been two stars, except the entrees were decent. Got the groupon online for a price fixe menu. Chose the steamed raviolis - edges dry, sauce bland, filling bland. Caesar salad had double the amount of dressing necessary, and aren't you supposed to taste some garlic? and hopefully anchovies? And my wife's blue cheese dressing had very little - we looked! My piece of salmon was cooked properly and the risotto was good. Had to read the menu to find out what the sauce was supposed to be. My wifes chicken breast was decent, had to read the menu for that sauce, too. Bread pudding for dessert had no visible sauce and needed some. The description said "banana bread". (?) My creme brulee was topped with sugar granules that had too fast a toast - still in granules. All in all, someone in the kitchen is afraid of using spices and concentrating sauces. Service was better than the food. Menu came with a bottle of house wine, or I could upgrade and take $20 off the better wine. Up to now, I assumed that New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc was all good, theirs changed my mind.....
The setting is in an old bank vault, enclosed booths on the small side. Looked like a great spot for the legislators to " get together with the lobbyists and exchange envelopes" kind of place.

• Visited March 2014

• Polish first
Running Springs, California
“Not What I was Expecting”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I have been here a few times before and it is not how I remembered the food and service. The Servers advertised the Prime Rib as what they are famous for, so I ordered the dish but, it was so average that I was very disappointed because it was a little chewy and hardly any taste. My wife had the Salmon dish which again was average and a little dry. I had the Crème Brule for dessert and was very, very disappointed as I feel that it was not made fresh but, out of box. I know when there is a big group it is hard to have great service but, there really should be excuse for mediocre food as it was not worthy of the prices charged for these dishes. The service was slow and I felt that they were more interested in keeping up with the wine and drinks for the drinkers that those of us that were only having ice tea were neglected. Anyways, the Broker has been much better in the past but, not tonight.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Jeffrey E
Detroit, Michigan
“Great service!”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The atmosphere is really unique. The shrimp appetizer was really good. The dessert was good. The main courses were ok. The wine that the waitress recommended was wonderful. The vault was a really cool thing to see.

• Visited February 2014
Parker, Colorado
“Favorite Place in Denver”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My husband and I have dined at the Broker several times, and always have a great experience. The atmosphere is quiet and brings you back to historic Denver. The shrimp bowl appetizer is a must! It could feed an army. My favorite dish is the prime rib. Hands down the best I've ever had. Full of flavor and cooked to perfection! This is a great date night/special occasion restaurant where you can enjoy excellent food, impeccable service and a good bottle of wine.

• Visited July 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Yuck.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Expensive, antique atmosphere. It was supposed to be romantic but the place was empty. Too quiet. And the food was very pricey, and tasted awful. We regretted it big time. We choked down some of the ewwy food, then went to noodles and enjoyed dinner. Doing make a $100 mistake. Apparently this used to be a nice place, according to my parents and other member of the older generation. Not anymore. The coolest part was it used to be a bank volt.

Visited April 2013