“Good for everybody!”

Ranked #19 of 3,084 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American, Diner, Greek, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Sam’s No. 3™ was the third of five Coney Islands restaurants opened by Sam Armatas during the 1920′s. The original location was at 1527 Curtis Street in the heart of downtown Denver.On Sept. 28th, 1998, Sam’s son, Spero, with his grandsons Sam, Alex, and Patrick, re-established his most famous of the Coney Islands restaurants, Sam’s No. 3™. In honor of the age old tradition, they made a promise to each other to continue to provide excellent quality of food and embrace the inviting, warm atmosphere started by “Mr. Sam” more than 75 years ago!In April 2011, our little kitchen was featured on Food Networks "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives". We were selected because so many local fans had written. A must-stop on any trip to Denver.
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This place was nice for us, as we're vegetarian. I got a veggie burger, and the cinnabuns were good.

There are newer reviews for Sam's No. 3

Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is a diner, so I wouldn't order a steak, it's diner food...like wonderful chili cheese fries, or a wonderful french dip, or wonderful french toast or omelettes or kitchen sink smothered breakfast burritos, or chili cheese dogs!!!!! And the purple people eater is a wonderful drink! Excellent prices and excellent diner food and wonderful workers who remember you and say "hi!"...even if its been a few months since you have been to see them! I LOVE this place!!! Although I don't recommend their mexican food, but I love their green chili smothered on other things like the breakfast burritos. I just don't care for their version of mexican food as far like bean burritos etc. But everything else is so good! My husband and I go on dates here and its one of our favorites!

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch based on reviews. Hubby has gyro. I had Greek salad. Salad was fresh but was missing something. Dressing was kind of bland. Gyro and fried were good. Huge menu, service was good.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We have visited all three locations and you can't go wrong with any one if them, all are consistently good. If you feel like comfort food, Sam's is where you want to go....love the open faced turkey sandwich with gravy, and the homemade mashed potatoes. Whether it's breakfast, lunch or dinner, be sure to get something with their green chili...we always get a pint to go!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We ate at Sam's twice. I wasn't pleased on our first visit. Our server was annoyed, and seemed rushed. She barely spent any time at our table, making no effort to check on our meal.

I ordered the chorizo tacos. What arrived at our table was a plate of three T I N Y three-inch tortillas, with a T I N Y spoonful of what can best be described as a mishmash of chorizo, cheese and potatoes. There was NO lettuce. NO tomato. And it was quite unlike what any reasonable person would expect as a taco. Gross. And our annoyated server couldn't be bothered to ask whether I liked my meal, or not. My companion had a milkshake and hamburger. They were both delicious.

On our second visit, the server was very pleasant and accommodating. The food was good this time. I had a breakfast entrée. It was prepared perfectly and was tasty. My companion has a chili burger. It was lackluster at best.

But, we did enjoy our second visit enough that we would return. And, we'll be in Denver in a couple of weeks. We will visit Sam's no. 3 once again.

The prices were more than reasonable. And the portions were ample. Just don't order the chorizo taco and expect anything even closely resembling a taco!