“"New Mexican" Mexican Food”
Review of Little Anita's

Little Anita's
Ranked #583 of 3,041 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Mexican
Denver, Colorado
“"New Mexican" Mexican Food”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I've been to the location on CO as well as the Arvada location....both sides I have failed to see the New Mexico connection. I'm from New Mexico, and I know good red and green chile. I know good sopapillas. I know good rice. I know good beans. I know good salsa. I know my New Mexican. Heck I know my regular Denver Mexican too.

This place does not deliver. Is it edible? Sure. Is it New Mexican? No. It tries. It means to be, but it's just not.

The beans aren't even slightly home made, which disappointed me the most. I feel that you can judge a Mexican place by it's beans. Can this place full the Suburbanites? Probably. But if you're used to the real deal, you will be disappointed. Go to Jack N' Grill instead.

• Visited December 2012

Montrose, Colorado, USA
“Perfect CHILE fix”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

As an ABQ born and raised New Mexico "chile-head" this place is the perfect CHILE fix. The rellenos are delish! Sopapillas are meant to be served as a side with your meal - not a dessert. This place does it right.

• Visited August 2013
Meridian, Idaho
“Sopapillas!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was very happy to find Little Anita's when I visited Denver. Their restaurant in Albuquerque was a frequent stop for me growing up and I love sopapillas. Now I can get them in Denver and they are just as good! If you enjoy good NM food, then you will like this place. Small 'hole-in-the-wall' atmosphere - fast, friendly service, the food is hot and delicious - and if you do not know what sopas are ...? well, you need to go find out because you will love them. Puffed dough, steamy hot and hollow in the middles because that is were the honey gets poured . . . yummy! They are very good stuffed with chicken, too! On my list for favorite places to go eat any time I visit Denver - or Albuquerque.

• Visited January 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Fast, Good and Inexpensive”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The food here is great and not super expensive. I recommend their veggie burrito with the green chili - it's about 5,000 calories of goodness.

• Visited June 2012
Denver, Colorado
“good, fast New Mexican”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Little Anitas is is very good New Mexican style food. I love their green chili and their Calabacitas Burritos. Their tamales are yummy too. The place is not fancy and not much atmosphere but it is delicious and very reasonably priced. We like to get take-out and eat at home.

• Visited December 2012