“Gaming and alcohol”

Ranked #268 of 3,016 Restaurants in Denver
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: The 1up - LoDo, the original Denver location of The 1up, is located just feet from the home plate entrance to Coors Field, home of the Colorado Rockies. We offer our own twist on the arcade bar concept featuring more than 45 classic arcade games, 16 pinball machines, 3 lanes of classic Skee-Ball and multiple sets of Giant Jenga. With 14 beers on tap, a Hall-of-Fame of vintage cans, a solid selection of 40 oz. bottles of malt liquor, full bar and delicious food, we have something for everyone. Happy Hour is Monday - Friday from 3:00 pm-7:00 pm. Our other location is at 717 E. Colfax Avenue located in Denver's Capitol Hill neighborhood.
Orlando, Florida
“Gaming and alcohol”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We've been to this bar a few times, and don't have anything bad to say about it. Their main attraction is the pinball games, which line the walls around the whole bar. They do have other old school arcade games too, plus an outdoors area with giant Jenga made out of wood blocks. The games are usually $0.50 a piece, and the drinks are reasonably priced too.

• Visited October 2012

Mount Royal, New Jersey
“Fun place to have a beer and play some games”
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

If you like old school arcade games from the 80s and 90s ull like this bar. They have tons of classics in good working order and most were just 25 cents. Also has a full bar. I did not try the food. Seemed like a decent crowd. Its near coors field so expect it to be crowded after a home rockies game.

Littleton, Colorado
“Back in the day arcade games cheap!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stopped in here for the first time last weekend. It was a blast! All the old games like Donkey Kong, Tron, Dig Dug, etc. The best part....it was only a QUARTER to play. We played a few bucks worth and headed out. I don't know if I would hang out here for anything else other then to play, but fun to do that!

• Visited September 2012
Montreal, QC
“Gamer Heaven, way too cool!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Seriously, what is there not to love about this place, it's like my childhood fantasy coming to life! A bar, good music and awesome retro/classic gaming! Oh and no dancing signs!

The staff were friendly to us so I can't relate with the previous reviewers. The games are dirt cheap to play, we're talking 25cents to 50 cents a game for really awesome machines!

The only negative thing I'd have to say were that they were out of Large t-shirts and that some of the patrons weren't very nice to the machines, knowing that they are classic machines I'd hope people would be more careful with their drinks and not hit the machines.

What a blast from the past, whoever owns the 1up had a great idea and I hope to visit again in the future!

• Visited July 2012
Aurora, Colorado
“Watch out if you aren't Caucasian!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

A small group of us met at 1up. There was only one Caucasian in the group. Two of our friends, Black females, were standing at the end of the bar. They were asked very rudely by one of the bouncers to move from that particular end of the bar as it was a "fire hazard." Our friends moved without any incident. Shortly after the women moved, two young Caucasian males stood in the same exact spot. We watched and watched and the bounder NEVER asked them to move. My Mexican husband approached the bouncer and asked why did he ask the Black females to move but not the White Males. The bouncer became aggressive and snapped "don't tell me how to do my job." My husband walked back to our group and next thing you know, the bouncer was in his face, chest bumped him for no apparent reason and then threatened him. He left and returned with another White bouncer. After a few minutes of males being males, the 2nd bouncer put my husband in a "sleeper hold" without his presence even known to my husband and both bouncers escorted him out, trying the entire time to twist his arm and wrist - which I consider extremely aggressive and malicious attempts at injuring my husband. Luckily my husband is fairly strong and was able to not allow them to twist his arm or wrist. While at the bar, my husband had one beer and I had water so there was no threat of either of us being intoxicated and/or belligerent. I advise ANYONE who is not WHITE to go to this bar with caution! The bouncers are unnecessarily aggressive, the place is overcrowded and really with crappy staff, makes it very difficult to enjoy an establishment that may have good potential otherwise!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank EmilyC625

Been to The 1 Up LODO? Share your experiences!