“Pleasant Surprise”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed October 5, 2013

After a series of business dinners in "stuffed shirts" restaurants, this place was a very pleasant surprise. It looks a little sketchy when you first walk in, but the staff and service were great and the food surprisingly authentic with a modern touch. I only marked this down one because my hurricane wasn't frozen. When I was in New Orleans, all the huricanes were frozen. But overall, it is a great place to relax, have a drink and some very good southern cooking.

1  Thank Teresa H

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I have eaten over the years at Bayou Bob's Seafood restaurant. We have never been disappointed as the fish is always fresh, tasty and abundant. The waitstaff is cordial and the service is prompt. Any complaints can be easily discussed and rectified if necessary. I encourage people to try the restaurant when in Denver.

1  Thank basquel
Reviewed July 29, 2013

great value and great staff, had the dis & dat seafood platter. for 20 bucks , if u like cat fish get it.along with shrimp,scallops.french fries,stuffed crawfish mushroom,etouffe,craw fish,sausage,okra,rice soup.i don't know what they call it but sooooo good.would eat there every nite. i'm the guy with the new jersey shirt, go jersey

1  Thank EDDIE P
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were planning on Bubba Gump's but a colleague said that Yelp reviews were higher for Bayou Bobs. We were a bit concerned that there was no crowd at Bayou Bobs, and maybe we had made a mistake. Nope - we were just lucky. Food was fantastic, hot and spicy and served fast with ice cold beer. Prices were reasonable, and portions were huge. We never did make it to Bubba's.... and just as glad.

1  Thank asiapointriders
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I went to New Orleans this spring. We tried many nice restaurant there and miss the food that is the reason we visit this restaurant. This place is really old and looked cheapy. I am not sure whether they are trying to introduce New Orleans atmosphere or not but the ceiling was linking ( big bucket was on floor to collect water) which they closed one side of restaurant. They had Fried Pickles but probably due to they did not use the good picky to start with and the pickle is really salty. The chicken wind is very spicy and salty also. However their crawfish cake and Canjun Combeaux is really tasty.