“On our top 5 takeout list”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Peter's Chinese Cafe
Ranked #1,197 of 3,094 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We are "regulars" with this place, having lived 2 years in Cheeseman Park area and now a year in Congress Park. We order a couple of times a month from Peter's so I can vouch for how consistently good it is! Last night it was spectacular. Yes, I used the word spectacular. I had the best drunken noodles with chicken I have ever had; even better than my standby Thai Basil on Alameda. My partner had the Cashew Chicken and insisted I try a bite. We were quite blown away this time. As you might expect there are some slightly better nights than others in the course of our 3 years' experience here, but it is CONSISTENTLY very good. They will adjust the "heat" for you and do everything possible to please your palate. I have never had dinner in the restaurant itself; it is not really set up for it very well. This is the only reason I rate it 4 stars instead of 5.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

From the Lo Mein to the scallops, we've enjoyed a lot of different things on the menu. The lack of MSG could be part of its success. The delivery is always fast and arrives hot. Peter has done a great job maintaining a consistent quality. There isn't much of a restaurant atmosphere though and no bar area, so it is more of a delivery/carry out place.

1  Thank ElElMiguel
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Went here because it had an alright rating...and wanted Chinese, and were from Texas... Well, don't really recommend it. General Tso's was pretty good, 10 dollars, and friend got sesame chicken, same price. We had to get it to go because they were closing. Was in the middle of some neighborhood, NOT downtown. They gyped us on a rice, gave us only one order instead of two...and sesame chicken was really dry, general tso's was somewhat good. So...you make the choice. Not really...the best. There's a whole lot better chinese food out there, sorry.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 26, 2009

We ate here on vacation---twice in 3 days. The owner is very "hands on"--service and food were fabulous. We live in Phx. and joke about wanting to get the food fed ex'd here.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook