“Life time treat!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Buckhorn Exchange

Buckhorn Exchange
Ranked #44 of 2,978 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Red Bluff, California
“Life time treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I saw this place on Man vs Food. Booked a table 4 months in advance. I was in Denver for a Art show. The night we went I started getting sick. Felt awful. But I ordered the Pot Roast. The few bits I had were wonderful! Everyone in our party had wonderful food and a great time. The waitress and bartender we encountered were also wonderful people. Loved it. I am still upset that I felt si bad Saturday night. But at least I got to ho there.

• Hebrew first
Ensenada, Mexico
“Love this place! When in Denver it's a must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

We had the Elk, Buffalo and Beef Tips as an appetizer, they were great. Ordered 2 pound steak for three. Salad with Blue Cheese Crumble and homemade ranch dressing was the best I've ever tasted. Steak was great, baked potato great. Apple Pie with Special Syrup was out of this world. Make sure to make reservations or arrive early as it fill's up pretty quickly.

• Visited January 2013
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
“Did someone say...Elk???”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

With blueberry sauce??? When I can't make it to The Fort I come to this place. Wild game is out of this world! In the summer try taking the RTD LightRail on the way downtown. It drops you off right in front of the door. A short 50 steps and your in heaven.

Visited December 2012
Denver, CO
“Wild game on your plate & the walls”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

A Denver original with the olderst liquor license in Denver since the late 1800's. Game meats abound....on your plate and taxidermy on the walls. Do not bring a vegan here or they will freak out. Come for lunch to be kinder to your wallet. Pleasant lounge for drinks on the 2nd floor.

Denver, Colorado
“Don't waste your money here!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Granted, the Buckhorn Exchange has a very unique ambiance, but the food and the service do not justify the cost of experiencing such a historic place. I ordered the Elk and Buffalo steaks which were accompanied by garlic mashed potatoes and a vegetable medley that desperately needed more flavor. I ordered both steaks medium rare - the Elk was so overcooked it might as well have been jerky and the Buffalo was close to being medium rare. The waiter finally came back to see if we needed anything and I literally started to explain that one of my steaks was overdone and he walked away. He had to be called back and when he returned with another steak, it was almost completely raw. The wine list did not offer the best selections and in my opinion, was very overpriced for the wines that were offered. It is a restaurant worth checking out, just don't waste your money on dinner. You will be much better off enjoying a drink at the bar upstairs.

• Visited December 2012