“Fine for Indian fix...”
Review of Bombay Clay Oven

Bombay Clay Oven
Reserve with OpenTable
Bombay Clay Oven is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,246 of 3,123 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Cherry Creek
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Nothing horrible-nothing great. Don't I wish someone could modernize, upscale and fusion-ize Indian food?! It's all predicable but acceptable. My kids love it. Sitting shoes off in the booths is fun for them. Respectable option if you have the fix but nothing terribly inspiring. It doesn't help that my mom can make all this stuff and make it 10 times better ;) Service is good. Attentive and polite.

1  Thank FairCritic Y

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a nice place for a meal, the staff were friendly, the food service quick, the front timber decking falling apart but hey it is an indian restaurant .
Ok so perhaps our mistake but I ordered a lamb korma ,rice and garlic nan, mango lassie, so my question is the meal was nicely presented but flavor was lacking, as in just plain bland.
So great place to go, up market area , with the infusion of flavor could have been ok.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

We love Indian food, but this place is in the pretentious , high rent district of Cherry Creek.
Cherry Creek area reeks with arrogance and snobbery. We do NOT like the people nor
the area ! Bombay Clay oven is no exeception. It is over priced and not good. Cherry Creek
is the kind of area that is ruining Denver, and other metro areas... snobby and full of pretentious, uppity "full of themselves" people. The whole area is way way overpriced and
stinks of exclusivity ! Stay away !

1  Thank Blake S
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We happened to be in Denver for the weekend, and wanted some Indian food. This was in Cherry Creek and convenient to where we were. I didn't think much about the place upon entering, but I was surprised again and again. GET A COVERED BOOTH!!!! I forget what they called them, but they converted the booth into a kneeling table, that could have the curtains drawn; giving you a very private feeling. We had our 8 month old, and he got to sit on all of the pillows next to us- no high chair needed. The food was magnificent! Very flavorful and satisfying, leftovers tasted great too. Staff was attentive without being intrusive. They had a sitar player and a guitar player on the Saturday that we were there, the kiddo loved it. All in all a great experience, I would recommend to all.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

My wife and I ate here for lunch on a weekday this week while visiting Denver, being hungry for some flavorful Indian food. The menu offered a nice variety and prices were comparable to what we have seen in other Indian restaurants. We chose the noon buffet, which was very reasonably priced. The buffet was modest, somewhat fewer choices than others we have eaten at, but there was a nice mix of steak vindaloo, chicken tikka masala, and multiple vegetable dishes. The vindaloo had really great flavor with a nice level of spiciness and the beef was nicely cooked and tender (compared to coarse & tough beef I've encountered other places), and the tikka masala was also good. My wife liked the vegetable selections. They had a creamy spinach that was exceptionally good. The naan bread was a bit "bready" but nicely toasted on the outside. My wife ordered a side of parantha, which we tried and really loved when we ate at an Indian restaurant in London, but here it was a bit disappointing in taste and texture. Service from our waitress was good and personable. Overall, Bombay Clay Oven had a modest buffet with enough choices of flavorful food at a price that seemed to us like a good value. Having eaten Indian in numerous locations in the U.S. as well as several in London, Bombay doesn't match up with the true best-quality restaurants I've eaten at, but seemed a solid mid-range Indian restaurant with good service and food that tasted good at decent prices.