“Enjoyed this Restaurant, very pleasant”
Review of Black-eyed Pea

Black-eyed Pea
Ranked #455 of 3,256 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I really enjoyed this restaurant. Staff treated us like long-time friends. Had Lana as our waitress, and she was very friendly. She really made my first day in Colorado feel happy and successful. We liked it so much we ate here twice.

Regarding the food: the dinner items are good, but I wouldn't recommend the appetizers.

I will come here again.

1  Thank Mark F

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I had the Cajun catfish and cajun shrimp and it was pretty good. The catfish was a fillet, no bones. The shrimp came on a kabob skewer. My wife had the porkchops which were also pretty good. Always a good place to eat at least once if staying on Colorado Blvd for several days.

1  Thank HDSlowride
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Lots of choice on the menu and you are sure to find something to your taste, unless you want fine dining. This is mostly good wholesome food like chicken fried chicken/beef, meatloaf and more. I had the meatloaf which was excellent, my wife had the sample platter which had three large chicken tenders, three large potato skins with bacon & cheese and three cheese sticks. More than enough as an entree for one person or to share as an appetizer. We sat in the bar where they had a couple of big screens for the sports enthusiast. They only have bottled beer (as well as wines, spirits and the usual top shelf stuff) so not much choice on that front.
Don't be put off if the parking lot looks full when you arrive, it was when got there around 6.30pm but we were seated straight away.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is our old stand by, and they consistently come through with excellent food and service. Not your gourmet dishes, nor expected - just great food, "real" mashed potatoes, large and refreshing drinks and fast service. Try their authentic pot roast or the chicken fried chicken - never had a bad one yet. Lots of sides to chose from, and, as mentioned: excellent prices.

Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Very good food and huge portions. It has a lot of southern style foods. The mashed potatoe bowl was really good as was the rolls, shepards pie, catfish, and fried corn on the cob. Everyone at my table really enjoyed their food. Waiter was friendly and the place was clean. I would go again.

Been to Black-eyed Pea? Share your experiences!