“Good food & lots of it”

Dining options: Reservations
north carolina
“Good food & lots of it”
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Very good food and huge portions. It has a lot of southern style foods. The mashed potatoe bowl was really good as was the rolls, shepards pie, catfish, and fried corn on the cob. Everyone at my table really enjoyed their food. Waiter was friendly and the place was clean. I would go again.

Centennial
“Bawk! Can you say Chicken fried Steak?”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The Black Eyed Pea is what we call everyman's restaurant: food for all tastes. But if you're really hungry, get the large portion of the chicken fried chicken or steak. The mashers are great, lots of gravy and plenty of sides to choose from (we like the cinnamon apples). With a diverse menu, you will have no problem finding what you like.

• Visited November 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Just like homemade!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Many of the Black Eyes Pea Restaurants have closed in Texas, so I was very pleased to see one in Denver. The Broccoli Cheese soup still tastes heavenly the way it did when I first opened up many years ago! Dinner rolls and corn bread were plentiful. I love, love, love their veggie plate, but my business associate got the chicken friend steak and every piece disappeared quickly! Great southern cooking!

Visited November 2012
lilibird
“Pleasant surprise.”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Wasn't expecting much but was very pleased with our meal. We had traveled all day and didn't want to go far from the hotel for dinner so we walked across the street to Black Eyed Pea. It was exactly what we needed!

Visited September 2012
Parker
“Not for the young of heart”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I think I was the youngest person in the place on a late Friday afternoon and I can just start getting their senior discount. The food was good and tasty. The signature warm rolls were great and they kept coming. How can you not like the cheese and broccoli soup. The chicken fried chicken was second to none. The drinks came in glasses that never needed a refill. I do not understand why this chain keeps closing restaurants. It is good comfort food, but does not appear to appeal to the younger crowd. When traveling I look for the BEP so I can have a decent meal.

• Visited August 2012