“A perfect meal with impeccable service”
Review of Bistro Vendome

Bistro Vendome
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Vendome is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 3,084 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 14th Street
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Our dinner was excellent and the service was wonderful too. We had at least 4 staff members helping us throughout the evening and they seemed to work together as a team. When we couldn't agree which 3 ice cream flavors to order for dessert for the table, our waitress said she could solve the problem and came back with 4 flavors. The trout, the beet salad, the cheese plate and the chicken crepe were all delicious. I would definitely return next time I'm in Denver.

There are newer reviews for Bistro Vendome

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Several friends and I had dinner at this restaurant based on other reviews on trip advisor. Unfortunately, the restaurant did not meet our expectations. The bar service was excellent with the young woman behind the bar quite welcoming. If only the rest of the experience was the same. Upon seating, we noticed a complete indifference by the server. The food was pretty good, but not excellent, which is nothing unusual about any restaurant in Denver. What made the entire dinner rather unpleasant was the service. It was quite apparent that the server had no interest in trying to appear half way interested in providing a pleasant experience for our table. Although this is a "French" bistro, it is in Denver, and not in Paris, where one might expect a waiter to be a little aloof when serving Americans. If this restaurant wants to be known as providing a nice dinner with pleasant service, then its management needs to reconsider its current staffing. Again, this is Denver, not Paris.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere and the food were both excellent and the restaurant is in a great location in downtown Denver. However, the staff appeared to be bored and treated us as an inconvenience. They may be mistakenly trying to ape Parisian off-handedness without realising that Parisian waiters, while not gushing with friendliness, are nevertheless hyper attentive and efficient

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We ate here for our 5th anniversary. I really liked that they have a courtyard for seating. Many of the places in Larimer Square have outside seating that is along the street/sidewalk, which can not only get loud with the cars going by but also you're constantly inhaling car fumes. This was a beautiful courtyard outside away from the people walking by and cars.

I had the Truite a l'Oseille (trout) and my husband had a special. It was absolutely delicious! The wines were very good and for dessert we shared Passion Fruit Entremets. Also, very good.

I highly recommend this little gem tucked away in the back off the street!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Bistro Vendome has a great patio for outdoor dining which I highly recommend. The service was top notch and exceeded expectations for a bistro. The food was generally very good, although my duck confit was (IMO) too salty and dry. Generally the seasoning was right on and my other courses were great. I wouldn't hesitate to eat at Vendome again, it was a great experience.

Been to Bistro Vendome? Share your experiences!