“Disappointed”

Ranked #674 of 3,084 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Neighborhood: Highland
Description: Mead St. Station is a local restaurant in the Highlands neighborhood that has been institution for 20 years. We pride ourselves in our hand-crafted pub food and use local and organic products whenever possible. We offer a variety of salads, burgers, ribs and a killer mac n' cheese menu. We have 12 local beers on draft with 2 rotating handles. Come sit back and enjoy a cold one with the Mead St. Family!
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Well, it appears that new ownership has completely destroyed one of the best menus in Denver. Its been a few months since I've visited so I'm not sure when the turnover happened. It was noticeably different, which prompted me to ask the waitress if the place was under new ownership - she confirmed my suspicion. Not only has the menu shrunk, but the quality of the food has gone way down hill. The waitstaff here used to be fantastic and is now just average. This used to be my favorite place in Denver and I would always recommend it to out-of-towners. Now this place struggles to be an average pub with an average menu and an unenthusiastic wait staff. Nothing to get too excited about. It's sad to have lost what was once a Denver gem.

There are newer reviews for Mead Street Station

Reviewed April 23, 2012

The lively neighborhood feel of this often-crowded bar is one reason why I moved nearby... Good food and fun nightly entertainment.. The staff make all ages feel welcome. I watch the staff interact with customers in a way that seems to help them feel part of the community. Come early for a seat at their great bar, or pray. This is a must visit on St. Patricks Day. A new owner is making changes to most everything. The April 2012 change was to dramatically reduce the number of items on the menu, while making significant improvement in the quality. I had the salmon pilaf last week (great sauce). So, at the moment, food is work in progress..

Reviewed March 20, 2012

The customer service is terrible! The owner actually told my group that he was being so rude to us, because it had been a long day. I am pretty understanding, but I have never had anyone in the service industry treat me as rudely as he did. Even if the food was good, the customer service would not make it worth patronizing. There are so many amazing restaurants in the Highlands that have good food AND good customer service. Don't give business to this one!

Reviewed March 14, 2012

I totally enjoy dining at Mead Street Station. It has a great pub feel to it and is always energetic and fun. The sweet potato fries and beer battered cod are my standard choice but their sandwiches and salads are terrific as well. Make your way through their many choices of beers, both from the US and abroad. Yummy!

Reviewed February 15, 2010

Great neighborhood spot. Many choices on the menu and all seem good. Live music several nights a week.