“Awesome Veggie Green Chili”
Review of HandleBar & Grill - CLOSED

HandleBar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Washington Park
“Awesome Veggie Green Chili”
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Burgers here are great. Their veggie green chili is not super spicy but tastes great. Definitely more of a sports bar than a restaurant. There are a few booths.

1 Thank Nosoda

Broomfield, Colorado
“Comfortable and casual, awesome green chili!”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I went here for the first time a couple of nights ago and was really impressed by the service, the atmosphere, and the food. The waiters were attentive and very friendly. The atmosphere was very comfortable (my friend and I sat in a booth). I love that they have a parking lot. I ordered the green chili cheese fries and the green chili was superb! I love a good green chili! Overall it was a great visit. I can't wait to go back.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Marilynn76
Denver, Colorado
“So so...”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

A group of us met to find a completely different menu than when we were there before.
It was around 4pm on a Friday and there wasn't anyone in the dining room but the bar was busy.
The service was SLOW. The Fish Taco's weren't bad and a good deal (happy hour tacos). The Chili Rellenos were dry and not that great. The Huevos Rancheros were pretty good but the tortillas under the eggs were dried up and unedible.
I liked the old place. This one just doesn't seem to have it together.
The server was really friendly but it took forever to get our food, especially since we were the only one's there.
A visit to the restroom when we were leaving concluded that I personally would never be back....filthy and falling apart.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank JaneyReviews
Erwinna, Pennsylvania
“As good as I remember”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I lived in Denver from '05 - '07, and I used to love going to the Handle Bar on Sundays to watch football and have brunch and a Bloody Mary. I was headed back to Denver a few weeks ago, and I checked on-line to see if they are still open. I happened to read the bad reviews about them coming under new ownership, and I almost decided not to go back.

I did decide to check them out on a Sunday. I sat at the bar. There were a couple good craft beers on draft, the Bloody Mary bar was excellent, and my Huevos Rancheros was also really good. The bartender was very nice and attentive. I'd definitely go back. I always sit at the bar. And, I love when Bloody Mary bars have all the fixin's and different mixes. I have never sat in the dining area, so maybe this is what the bad reviews are about?

• Visited March 2012
Denver, CO
“bad news”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

New owners don't have it together.
Cold coffee, dried out tortillas, amateur wait service.
I miss the old owners