“Thanksgiving dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Palm Denver

The Palm Denver
Reserve with OpenTable
The Palm Denver is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #501 of 2,984 Restaurants in Denver
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: 16th
Dayton, OH
“Thanksgiving dinner”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I had thanksgiving dinner at The Palm with a friend. Service and staff was excellent, although we had to wait a bit for our reservation (no big deal, we had a seat at the bar). Wait staff was really great. The thanksgiving meal was a little different than advertised on the web site so that surprised us a little. The food was good, very traditional thanksgiving meal. We weren't huge fans of the turkey. I would eat here again, great service.

• Visited November 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
“Great for a group”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

It's hard to stand apart as a steakhouse. There's enough competition that anything less than perfection is not enough. I am not sure this would have quite made it to a 5 if it had been as a small group, but as a large group in a private room, they handled us flawlessly. Really it's the great service that made this a great experience.

But the food was also excellent. The steak (a filet) was perfect, as it should be, and the sides were delicious. The cheesecake was great. There were no real surprises, food-wise, and that's kind of what you expect from a steakhouse.

I didn't love the casual look of the place overall, but our private room was perfect for us.

The prices on the wines felt a bit high to me. Some of that is to be expected, but it would be nice if they weren't quite so inflated.

Otherwise a great meal, and a good place to choose if you are dining as a small group, I think.

Seattle, Washington
“It's not NYC, but then the air is cleaner!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

As expected for a Palm restaurant, a completely appropriate place for a "high end" dinner with in-laws (and ex-laws). Not the posh, clubby atmosphere of the Manhattan original, nor is the food up to a NYC standard. This is the wild West, after all. There are no surprises, however. The martinis are good, the steaks cooked exactly, the vegetables bright and crunchy. A requested baked potato was found (enormous!), and a simple salad of iceberg with sliced tomatos and cucumbers was made; neither was on the menu but the waiter didn't bat an eye. The wine list was large and the choices broad - pleased to see an Owen Roe cab franc and at a reasonable price. I prefer American wines when good ones can be had, and the wine list reflected solid knowledge. Service was practiced, even if not polished, and friendly. Will be happy to return on another visit to town!

Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Last minute walk-in; pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My business partner and I had never been to any of the Palms so we figured we'd give it a go since we were craving cow. My partner's filet was really tender and flavorful. I had a juicy, tasty burger and I ended up sharing up half of my steak fries with my partner because they were truly delicious! The burger was great too, which is good because it was $18! We also tried the sauteed spinach and three cheese au gratin potatoes which was good, though the au gratin was a little rich and lacked a stronger cheese.

Overall, we were pleasantly surprised with this steak chain, and the service was phenomenal! We would go back again!

Longmont, Colorado
“Old School Steakhouse”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Part if the Westin, the menu is what you would expect at a steakhouse...with some Italian dishes. While the steaks are flavorful, they aren't anything to scream about. The mashed were okay, the asparagus was done right...the desserts were large. While not a creative menu, it's okay for a steak place...but just okay.

• Visited September 2013