“All due to an incredible waitress”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 3,084 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 15th Street
Description: Come see why steak lovers are on a mile-high high in Denver. As the Zagat Guide praised, you’ll find “awesome steaks served by the pros are the order of the day” at The Capital Grille. We’re centrally located in historic Larimer Square, just a few blocks’ walk from the Convention Center and Coors Field as well as the Denver Center for The Performing Arts. Complimentary valet parking makes it easy to succumb to the urge for the perfect steak.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Hold a lunch to honor one of my distinguished distributors, there were 7 of us all eating at this Capital Grille for the first time. The lunch menu was well done and the food was excellent. We all had a variety, it was served hot and all at the same time. Important for a small group meal.
But the reason for this review is that our waitress was the reason that the meal stood out for all of us. Her name is Maddy Harvey. She knew the menu completely, made great recommendations but it was her personality and interaction with us as diners that made this such an amazing meal. As part of my job, I have entertained clients in North America and around the world for over 42 years. Maddy Harvey falls into my top 10, which is a very exclusive list! Just watch out for her and the pepper grinder.

There are newer reviews for The Capital Grille

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Amazing food and service. Expensive but worth every dollar. We took our two little kids... And while I wouldn't say the restaurant is geared in that direction, they went out of their way to accommodate us. In the Larimer Square area . Literally some of the best steak I have ever eaten!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I had dinner at the Capital Grille while in Denver on business. I was looking for a great steak and I found it here. The sides were good as well and we had a nice bottle of wine. The service was excellent. Bill was our waiter and he provided great service, great advice, and even a bit of entertainment. The rest of the staff was very attentive as well and the chef even came over to our table to speak with us about a random question regarding the kitchen. This was not a cheap night, but the food and service were definitely worth it.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Capital Grille never disappoints. There steak, fish options, cocktails and service always goes above and beyond.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband and I ate here for our anniversary on a trip to Denver. It was excellent! We were greeted warmly, had a card and roses on our table, and enjoyed a wonderful steak dinner. I highly recommend this location as a "splurge" dining experience (unless, of course, you are wealthy and can eat here all the time!) Everything about the evening was perfect (wait staff, ambiance, food) and we will definitely return.