“Disappointment!”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 3,019 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 15th Street
Description: Come see why steak lovers are on a mile-high high in Denver. As the Zagat Guide praised, you’ll find “awesome steaks served by the pros are the order of the day” at The Capital Grille. We’re centrally located in historic Larimer Square, just a few blocks’ walk from the Convention Center and Coors Field as well as the Denver Center for The Performing Arts. Complimentary valet parking makes it easy to succumb to the urge for the perfect steak.
Denver
“Disappointment!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came here for his birthday and it was such a disappointment. I ordered fish which was way undercooked and I ended up sending it back. Then when I asked them to bring him his birthday dessert they brought it when I was in the restroom. So I showed up after he blew the candle out and it was so frustrating. Way to not help me make a lasting impression!

Visited May 2013

• Korean first
Greenville, Ohio
“Uptown meets The South”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Southern Cooking with the flare of NYC. Chef Tyler, who also mans the restaurant farmer, brings fresh, local fare to the table in a BIG way. This is your grandma's Sunday dinner on 12! There are several restaurants around the country I would travel to just to have a meal. This is one of them.

Visited August 2012
oklahoma
“Really great diner!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Had a really great steak for diner. The lobster bisque was the best we have ever had. Expect to spend more than average but worth it. Seafood was also good.

• Visited June 2012
Golden, Colorado, United States
“Best Mother's Day Choice!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Generally, I like to stay away from public places for Mother's Day. The crowds are untenable, and I would greatly prefer to stay home with my family and have a prime grade steak grilled by my skilled husband on our BeefEater grill.

This year, I left the decision on what to do for Mother's Day with my husband. I supplied him with some email advertisements, and he decided to make brunch reservations at The Capital Grille, knowing that this is my favorite restaurant in Denver. We actually were at Mother's Day brunch there a couple of years ago, and I don't know why I didn't insist on going again. After our meal today, I have decided that this will be a family tradition--Mother's Day brunch for me, my husband, and our two sons at The Capital Grille!

I figured, The Capital Grille is always crowded--seemingly at capacity, and difficult to get a reservation--so, how bad can Mother's Day be in terms of the crowd? At capacity again, I think. Well, the crowd was certainly epic, with difficulty turning the corner from 15th St. to Larimer in order to Valet. But, no worries. The service and food were as exceptional as ever. For $49.00 per person, it was all-you-can-eat bliss. Items to order like Lobster eggs benedict, rich mac-and-cheese, and the buffet with their epic shrimp cocktail with customized horseradish cocktail sauce (oh, and there were lobster tails to pick up there, too), kona crusted tenderloin, itty bitty creme brulee, espresso chocolate cake (always my favorite), and coconut cream tarts. Don't forget the chocolate chip cookies as big as my 14-year-old son's face! $7.00 bellinis and mimosas, and a terrific "by-the-glass" wine list, and the visit was perfection. Three hours later, a very happy mom wandered out of the restaurant as happy as can be.

I have noticed that one can go to a restaurant for a special--e.g., 5280 week--and the price is good, but the quality is lacking for that deal. This was not the case at The Capital Grille. Everything was fantastic!

Now, there were certainly lines, but sometimes not. You have to go with the ebb and flow for the buffet. One suggestion for improvement--they need a cheese board. Sorry, I can't leave a review without suggesting that they bring back their awesome Key Lime Pie, which I sometimes am able to ask for and they find one in the fridge. But, why is it no longer on the menu?

Our service? Impeccable. Our server checked back with us often, supplying new cutlery and no empty water glasses.

Thanks so much for a great meal on a great day!!

• Visited May 2013
New York
“Average food and service”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Went for lunch during a big convention in Denver. place was quite busy but we were seated promptly. First course was delicious but main course appeared at our table before we finished the first. Needles to say that by the time we got to it, the food was not warm any more. I ordered my steak medium and it was charred on the outside.Poor performance for a pricey steak house.

• Visited May 2013