“Best Burger in Denver”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 3,095 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 15th Street
Description: Come see why steak lovers are on a mile-high high in Denver. As the Zagat Guide praised, you’ll find “awesome steaks served by the pros are the order of the day” at The Capital Grille. We’re centrally located in historic Larimer Square, just a few blocks’ walk from the Convention Center and Coors Field as well as the Denver Center for The Performing Arts. Complimentary valet parking makes it easy to succumb to the urge for the perfect steak.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

There’s been a long competition between Capital Grill and the Cherry Cricket as to who has the best burger in town. Capital Grill wins, in my humble opinion. The atmosphere is just what you would expect from looking at it; they’ve been on East Colfax for as long as I can remember (30 years? 40? More?) and they aren’t going to change for anybody. In a city that seems bent on reinventing itself every decade, that’s nice to see.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We got to eat at The Capital Grille for 5280 and it was amazing!! The portions were the same as the rest of the year and were plentiful and wonderful. We knew they were completely booked for the two weeks but asked if we could get it at the bar if we came in early, and this worked. We were served by Marcel and he was such a great server AND bartender. He took great care of us. Creme brulee with fresh raspberries, great clam chowder and tournedos of beef were all so good. I would love to go back for special occassions.

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Arriving at The Capital Grill, we were greeted by two very sweet hostesses. Seated when the rest of our party of 8 arrived, we were offered a table in David's section that certified our evening would be exceptional. David helped us with our selection of pre-dinner wines and allowed us plenty of time to settle in and socialize. About half of us ordered the salads and the other half the clam chowder. Although both were good choices, I really wanted the wedge salad. David took the change in stride and moved on. Our group ordered the kona seasoned sirloin, delicious, the tornedos of beef, tender and succulant, and filet mignon. It was a carnevour kind of night. They all came expertly grilled and very flavorful. The spinach and potatoes that were served family style were both ample and tasty. David provided great attention to the timing if our meal and brought out our creme brûlée, flourless chocolate cake and the(off the menu) delicious coconut cream pie! Again the evening was extraordinary due to our being seated in David's section. I will certainly be there again on a day where we can enjoy his gracious and professional style once again soon. GREAT JOB during a busy 5280 nite.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

OK...so now I have tried all of the "great" Steakhouses in Denver and The Capital Grille is still the best. I tried Elway's last week and while their steak was very good, their sides didn't keep up with The Capital Grille. The Keg, Morton's, Sullivan's, Del Frisco's, Brooks...none are as good.

1  Thank cubfaninco
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Yum!! This place was amazing!! My boyfriend and I went there about a month ago for a special occasion and we had a great time. Sam was our server and she was very informative and helpful with all of the questions that my boyfriend had for her!

We got the calamari, salads, and steaks. My boyfriend got the steak that is glazed in a balsamic reduction. The steak was huge and amazing! I got a steak that was topped with crab meat, amazing! We were staying in a hotel that didn't have a fridge, therefore my boyfriend was extremely upset when he couldn't finish his steak!! He recommends skipping the appetizer and salads so you can really enjoy the steak!

I would highly recommend Capital Grille! It is on the pricier side, but the food and service is amazing!