“Authentic and delicious”

Ranked #163 of 3,084 Restaurants in Denver
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Wonderful restaurent with authentic black beans and rice, incredible paella and Lechon(pork) Enrique is a fabulous chef. Also delightful atmosphere

There are newer reviews for Cuba Cuba cafe & bar

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is such a warm atmosphere tuck into an adorable house. I love the community tables while you wait for your table. The bartenders are fun and make you feel welcome. This is a hip place with amazing drinks and food.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We've been to Cuba Cuba several times in the past 12-18 months and had good experiences. This last visit was really a bummer. We were seated in the bar area, which didn't help. I was seated with my back to the bar and constant foot traffic behind me reminded me of sitting in economy on the aisle at boarding time. We decided to order a variety of smaller plats for variety. The plantain chips came with two dipping sauces. One was okay, the other was like chopped garlic in oil---that's it. Really strong, nothing else going for them. The empanada-like dish was pretty flavorless. The ceviche was just okay. Again, it was the flavor that was lacking. I will say that their tres leche dessert was fantastic!The service is a team affair, which isn't necessarily bad. But when we wanted to talk to our main server it was 10-15 minutes before we even saw her. No one asked how things were as each round of small plates came out. Probably the food runners just aren't trained to ask this question as the server would. I hope it was just a bad night. We'll wait for others to try it again before we go back. So many other restaurants in Denver to try before we return.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Arrived with a large group that exceeded the amount mentioned in our reservation. Staff was gracious and accomodating. Server did a great job, very attentive, very willing to explain the menu to everyone. Ordered yummy Mojitos and Margaritas by the pitcher, good value. Every member of our party of 12 enjoyed their entrees.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

The interior was cold. My table was dirty. The mojito tasted like lime water. The sandwich was overloaded with ingredients not listed on the menu. The bill was expensive. I did not enjoy my experience at CubaCuba, although I hoped to.