“What a waste of $$$”

Neighborhood: Downtown
Denver
“What a waste of $$$”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My husband and I wanted to try Cuba Cuba and were so upset with the food. The service and location were fine, just the food was so salty we couldn't eat it. When we complained the bartender came over and said "you don't like it?" and walked away! No offer for a free drink or dessert or even an apology! We will NEVER go back! VERY dissappointing!

Visited May 2012

Chicago
“Mojito & So Much More in Denver”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Met a client of mine at Cuba Cuba at his suggestion. Boy, I'm sure glad he recommended this charming spot in Downtown Denver. This restaurant serves up a great mojito and has a very good wine list. My client ordered the fried grouper and I had slow cooked pork with black beans, white rice, fried yucca and it was delicious. The pork was super tender and delicious. This place is excellent and I will definitely go back on my next visit. Check it out, you will be happy with the quality and professional service and recommendations.

Denver, Colorado
“Glad I gave this gem another try!”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

The first time I went to Cuba Cuba was when it opened many years ago. I thought the food was bland and boring. I recently received a gift certificate for Cuba Cuba from my students, so you can imagine that I wasn't thrilled. But what a surprise!!! I went last weekend- it was packed with an interesting crowd, all of the staff (hostesses, bartender, server) were friendly and welcoming,..and the food was great! We had both of the types of empanaditas- excellent (didn't enjoy one of the dipping sauces- it was kind of like a Cuban Thousand Island dressing), the ceviche (perfect) the shrimp entree (amazing) and the tres leche cake for dessert (also amazing). We drank mojitos, which were prepared perfectly. My only criticism this time is that they recently changed the menu and got rid of the plantain mash and substituted plain old mashed potatoes. I don't think that mashed potatoes stand up to the robust flavors of the shrimp dish. BUT- this is Denver, and many mid-westerners probably don't like the heaviness of the plantains. All in all, a great experience and I will definitely go back. And the patio would be a great place to throw a party!

Danville, California
“Good for groups”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I took a group of 20 to Cuba Cuba recently for dinner. Service was great. Food terrific. I thoroughly enjoyed the paella and cerviche. Don't forget the Blackberry mojito. The whole team was friendly and helpful. The restaurant is near the Mint and an easy wlak from 16th Street Mall.

Boulder, Colorado
“Best mojitos!”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Best mojitos! Adorable little building. Totally worth the price.

Visited January 2012