“Not worth it.”
Review of 1515 Restaurant

1515 Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
1515 Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #229 of 3,041 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 15th Street
Transit: Take Light Rail to 16th Street Mall and take Mall shuttle to Market Street Station. Within walking distance to all major downtown hotels, convention center and ball parks.
Description: 1515 Restaurant serves seasonal Modern American/Continental cuisine. Join us in our elevated dining room and taste for yourself why our kitchen team was invited to cook at the prestigious James Beard House in 2010. We offer a diverse menu showcasing local items such as lamb, steak, wild game and 7X Wagyu Beef. 1515 Has been awarded Wine Spectator's "Award of Excellence" with the distinction of "Great Value" every year since 2001. We have an in-house Sommelier to help pair any of our 500+ wines with our seasonally changing menu. Chef Joseph Arena loves to create in the kitchen and happily accommodate special diets, including vegetarians, celiac-free, vegans and gluten-free. We are located within walking distance from all major downtown hotels.
Petaluma, California
“Not worth it.”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Our hotel concierge sent us to this restaurant as we told her that we were "foodies" looking for a place to take our local cousins. Initial impressions were good. Good wine list. Informed and helpful staff. The presentations were excellent. The portions were even smaller than at some of the more exclusive California restaurants, so be prepared to order appetizers, salads, entrees and desserts to get a full meal. A tasting menu would have helped. I would have called a dish of six ravioli an appetizer, not an entree. The ravioli were so "al dente" they were hardly cooked. The duck was overcooked. All the desserts were great - maybe because we were still hungry? We had to ask for our bread to be delivered when we noticed that other tables had bread. It came just before our dessert and we inhaled it.

• Visited August 2012

Eagle, Colorado
“Not the best place for lunch in LoDo”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I should have known when I walked in at 12:00 noon and there wasn't a soul in the place that I wasn't in for the best lunch in LoDo.

I was hopeful that my experience would have been better, and while our server did a nice job, the Culinary team let him down. I ordered the Kobe burger, hoping that it was a standout and I can't really be sure it wasn't ground sirloin. As a former Chef myself, it just didn't stand out like Kobe Beef should! It's such a delicate meat (in flavor) but this burger tasted like the meat came from the local supermarket's meat department.

The gazpacho almost seemed tainted, I didn't expect it to have an effervescent feel and almost a sour taste...I don't want to say it was bad, but I definitely won't order that again!

I can't say that I would recommend 1515 to anyone anytime soon nor will you find me dining there.

Visited July 2012
Denver
“Beautiful”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This restaurant continues to be a favorite. We started with a bite of buffalo tartare that the restaurant gives to start the meal. Nice touch. For an appetizer we had the cheese sampler. My husband had the cold strawberry soup. He loved it. I had the watercress salad. For an entree, I had the ravioli and my husband had the lamb. We ordered rhubarb cake for dessert. Because my husband and I were bickering about which dessert to order, I believe the resturant threw in a dessert or it was because they are a great restaurant. I always panic when I see the menu because everything is combined meats and sauces. I think calories. Then, the dishes are served in such small portions it is a guilty pleasure, and the presentation is beautiful.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank jackie225
Monrovia, California, United States
“Exceptional dining experience”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We were in Denver for a conference. We had dinner at 1515 on our last night and wished we had gone earlier so we could return again before leaving. The food was not only exceptional in flavor but in presentation as well. The owner, Gene Tang should great interest in his customers. He described each entrée and dessert and showed great pride and ownership of the facility. He even sent us complimentary after dinner wine to enjoy. The wait staff was equally knowledgeable and attentive. The dining room is set on the second floor of a beautiful restored brick building. The charm, class and culinary expertise of 1515 is a rare combination and a great find in downtown Denver. This is our pick for a must have meal while in town.

• Visited July 2012
Springfield, Virginia
“A very unexpected pleasure”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Went to this restaurant at the urging of some local business contacts. The menu and prices put me off a bit originally; but it was indeed a pleasurable experience. The diver scallop appetizer was a true delight with the foams and paints along with the bacon pesto under and over the scallops. Also, the bison steak and the halibut were notable entrees which were deemed a hit by our party. I would go with the halibut as it is a very nice piece of fish and done well by the chef!

Visited July 2012