“Great, tender, lipsmacking good ribs!”

Julia Blackbird's New Mexican Cafe
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Highland
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Contrary to most of the reviews I've seen on the web, I thought Julia Blackbird's was very good! Our server was courteous and efficient. The food was excellent! The drinks, margarita and sangria, were large and well priced. Highly recommended!

There are newer reviews for Julia Blackbird's New Mexican Cafe

Reviewed April 23, 2012

If you are looking for a cheese-laden, dry-rice filled, greasy plate, look elsewhere. Julia's has nice and subtle New Mexican cuisine. The Tres Hermanas (their signature dish) was very nice, accompanied with posole. Nice patio off of busy 32nd Ave. It was good, not great, and service was a bit slow. Will we return? Probably, but no rush.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Two of us visited Julia Blackbird's last week with a discount coupon I purchased on the internet. It was simply delicious. I had the Tres Hermanas enchiladas and my friend had the tamales. We will definitely go there again. It would be nice if chips and salsa were complimentary, but I guess we can't have everything. Try it out!!

Reviewed March 14, 2012

We went to Julia Blackbird's last night and I wasn't that impressed with my meal. I have eaten there a few times several years ago and remember it being much better. Perhaps it was just an off night or they have changed hands, I don't know. I did order their signature New Mexican enchilada combo plate so I would have thought that was the safest and best item on the menu. Since I do love New Mexican cuisine, I will venture back there and give it one more time eating out on the patio and enjoying the Colorado sunshine. If it fails to wow me then, well I'll have to make a pilgrimage to Santa Fe for my meals.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

I hadn't eaten at Julia Blackbirds in quite awhile; I live across Denver from The Highlands where they are located. I met a friend there and had the vegetarian tamales with cheese and green chilis. They were great. The service was very good and we had a chance to chat with Julie the owner for awhile. In addition to the excellent meal, we loved the eclectic environment with its art gallery feel.