“Delicious lunch, good pretzel wafers too”
Review of Zaidy's Deli

Zaidy's Deli
Ranked #435 of 3,135 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I was recently visiting family in nearby Aurora and had the opportunity to take them to lunch at this deli. The hot open turkey sandwich special came with cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, and a butter style roll. Portions were plentiful. The gravy was a little salty but otherwise for the price, the food and service were outstanding. Excellent pickles and pretzel wafers. I would recommend this eatery.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

OK, so maybe it's not quite a New York or Los Angeles Jewish deli, but why complain? The sandwiches are fine, the servers friendly, and the price moderate. My corned beef with slaw and Russian dressing was very good, on fresh and tasty rye bread, the coffee was nice, and the rice pudding was a fitting (but not too filling) end to a great lunch. Have been here three times now, and will come back again. Put away your pretentious attitude, and enjoy it.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Love this place. The food seems an authentic Jewish deli. Everything is made fresh for you and they serve breakfast into the afternoon. The Ruben made with potato latkes is fantastic.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

With so many other wonderful restaurants in Denver, you have to ask why people still swarm to Zaidy's. The food is ok, somethings are special like the latke Reuben and some of the sandwiches, but overall not bad, but not great.

Their pies and pastries are very good.

We had breakfast today. We were seated with not a single word of well wishing e.g., "enjoy your meal." Nothing. Really dour. Then no one came for about 5 minutes. The server we had has been there for at least 10 years and she's attentive and nice, but she was getting up against my "time to leave" limit.

My husband got an omelet that was really not tasty according to him. The side of breakfast potatoes were cold and not with any crispy pieces.

I had the basted eggs. The eggs were perfectly done and other vegetables they were on tasty, but the side of bacon I ordered wasn't impressive at all in this day of delicious heirloom bacon. The toast was cold. The orange juice is delicious.

I've had pancakes in the past and they were very good.

My biggest beef, however, is something totally inexcusable and made me finally strike Zaidy's off my list. The restaurant could really use some "love" and sprucing up. Our table had big patches where the varnish had worn off and the bare wood exposed. Really unappealing and we should have asked for another table, although the restaurant had filled up. Being in the culinary industry, I know how many germs can linger on a table, particularly given the way bussers wipe them down when clearing it after a diner. Place mats would be helpful. So we asked for extra napkins and made our own place mats. It just didn't feel clean.

You may ask why we stayed. Good question other than we were hungry and knew any place else would have a long line.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is as close to a NYC Kosher deli as you will get. I always get one of their stacked sandwiches on white rye with a dill pickle... very traditional. They also have an assortment of baked goods which I will be trying in the future. Stop in and get a taste of a New York style deli.

Been to Zaidy's Deli? Share your experiences!