“Great Micro brewery”

Wynkoop Brewing Company
Ranked #38 of 3,095 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Wynkoop
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great beer with sophisticated food. It's the best of both worlds. We've enjoyed the Wynkoop since our kids were young. There are a couple different levels to check out. Go upstairs for games, TV's and laughs.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is a really fun Microbrew. The food was pretty good, and the beer was very good. Good burgers and a nice selection of beers.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

If I drink beer before a baseball game anywhere I'm pretty happy, but this place is one of my favorites - tons of home brewed beers, the service is pretty good and the food isn't bad. Recommended.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This place looked great - clean, spacious, and located in a cool part of town. I ended up disappointed, though, in almost every regard. Service was slow and distracted; the food was so-so, and the one beer I tried made me not want to try any others. Details: Our waiter left us sitting for about seven minutes after we arrived; he apologized profusely and offered the excuse that we were "hiding in the corner." I waited tables for years - the secret is to pay attention to your job, my friend. I ordered a crab cake "burger" - a great idea that failed in execution. The crab cake was all right, but it came with a lump of lettuce on a dry bun. As it turned out, it was a good thing the waiter didn't come around to ask if we needed anything before we started eating, because the bun fell apart and wouldn't have held anything I put on it, anyway. My side of "fruit" was a ramekin of soggy cantaloupe with one lone grape to break up the monotony. Worst disappointment was the "cask style" ESB. I did a pub crawl of London to do nothing but sample cask-conditioned ale, so I looked forward to this. But it resembled nothing I drank in London: it had a fizzy head that lasted the entire 45 minutes we were there; and it was served warm. I know, the joke about the Brits is that they drink their beer warm, but cask-conditioned ale is actually ideally served at cellar temperature - about 55 degrees. I would even have taken it at room temperature, but this stuff must have come from a keg that had been left in a van in a sunny parking lot all afternoon. Can't recommend.

1  Thank erinmackay
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Came for the spicy beer, which was just ok. Also had hummus & pretzel which were adequate. Service was great though, they have a very friendly staff