“One of the best steaks I've ever had...and I lived in Chicago”

The Denver Chophouse and Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
The Denver Chophouse and Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 3,001 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Wynkoop
Transit: Near Coors Field, Market Street Station, Blocks from Union Station light rail
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“One of the best steaks I've ever had...and I lived in Chicago”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

It's sadly a rare thing when you visit a steak restaurant and you order a medium-rare steak and it comes out...medium rare. But here, they got it exactly right. I don't know what they did to it, but it's making my mouth water thinking of it right now. There's nothing about this restaurant that I don't like. The servers are fantastic, the decor is superb, and you definitely get what you pay for. Homemade beers line the menu, but I recommend also trying the homemade root beer. It's not too sweet, like most are. A little tip - don't eat for the whole day before you eat there. I left more stuffed than I've been in years. Definitely definitely go here.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank EyerishRogue

Olathe, Kansas
“GREAT food and FANTASTIC Service”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Request the Portabella Mushrooms.....YUM. Although my husband is not a big steak fan, he ordered the steak and wedge while I had the sirloin. It was cooked to perfection. He said it was the best steak he has ever eaten. The mashed potatoes are very yummy.

• Visited February 2013
Denver CO USA
“I don't eat here enough!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I don't order steak out very often. But whenever I go to the Denver Chophouse I love to get their prime rib. A 16 oz cut of medium rare meat that you can cut with a butter knife because its so tender. This is some of the best prime rib in Denver.

Visited December 2012
Arabi, Louisiana
“Mouth Watering Filet, Excellent Food / Service”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We went with a group of 16 guys in town for the Denver Broncos / New Orleans Saints football game. We ordered pretty much all the appetizers available. My favorite was the sampler where you received seafood, chicken wings and much more. Appetizer was very good.

Most of us ordered the Filet and were very pleased with that selection. I would rank it a tad below my favorite steak restaurant, Ruth's Chris, but not by much. It compared favorably. The cheesecake topped it off nicely.

No doubt I would recommend eating at the Denver Chophouse when in town, you won't be sorry!

Visited October 2012
Golden, Colorado
“Fairly high end, somewhat creative high quality food, good beer.”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We went for our company Christmas party. Food was good, service was excellent, beer was also good. While I wouldn't necessarily say this is the kind of place I'd go often, but it was a nice place and we had a good experience. I didn't have to pay, but I'd doubt the prices are what I'd consider "reasonable". Still, worth a visit, and nice stuff. Nice old building, and they do have a good brewery, so that's worth a stop on its own.

• Visited December 2012