“Fairly high end, somewhat creative high quality food, good beer.”

The Denver Chophouse and Brewery
Reserve with OpenTable
The Denver Chophouse and Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #109 of 3,084 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Wynkoop
Transit: Near Coors Field, Market Street Station, Blocks from Union Station light rail
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We went for our company Christmas party. Food was good, service was excellent, beer was also good. While I wouldn't necessarily say this is the kind of place I'd go often, but it was a nice place and we had a good experience. I didn't have to pay, but I'd doubt the prices are what I'd consider "reasonable". Still, worth a visit, and nice stuff. Nice old building, and they do have a good brewery, so that's worth a stop on its own.

There are newer reviews for The Denver Chophouse and Brewery

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The place is quite beautiful with nice ligthing and dark wood. The wait staff was very pleasant and accommodating.The only reason I gave it 4 stars is cause unless veggies are included in the entree there are no side veggies. The NY strip my husband ordered was cooked perfectly and VERY tender. The calamari was excellent and my roasted chicken was spectacular. We were so full we couldn't even think of dessert. Another time though because we will be going back. Oh yeah and valet parking doesn't start until 4pm but there is a lot right across the street. We were there for lunch.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Big family outing, four generations happily assembled around a big yet private table. Very attentive and unobtrusive service, happily answering questions, and making sure the kid gets his order first. The appetizer sampler was several meals in itself, and almost took some of the appetite for the main away - a super-yummy steak, bliss. Excellent wine list, too. We will definitely return next time in the city.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I loved the building. Great old historic building. The menu was "standard" steak house fare. I had the crab cakes and they were good but the rice side dish was cold. The server was not very attentive but I think he had too many tables so that's not his fault. I would try again -- probably best for a business dinner.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

The service in this restaurant is terrific, but the food doesn't measure up to its price. The steaks are over salted but tender. The french onion soup is the best thing I've eaten here, and honestly was so good that I'd consider going back just for that. Overall, probably overrated and definitely overpriced, but a decent spot to eat.