“Dont miss the brunch”
Review of Tamayo

Tamayo
Reserve with OpenTable
Tamayo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 3,123 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 14th Street
Description: The menus at Tamayo offer a modern interpretation of authentic Mexican food with recipes created by critically acclaimed Chef/Owner Richard Sandoval at his Maya Restaurant in New York City. Our warm decor is spectacular with amber & coral colored walls featuring exquisite artwork that includes silver encrusted toucans, silver and volcanic rock guacamole bowls & Mayan masks to keep a watchful eye over the restaurant. Tamayo is truly a unique dining experience for intimate business luncheons, dinners, social events and large celebrations as well.
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is a great restaurant and fantastic food. Our busboy from the restaurant that made up the night before recommended this place and he was right this is awesome. Very authentic food served tapas style from a very good and friendly staff who really knows the menu. Brunch is a great deal on Sunday and you really get to taste everything on the menu.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I ate here with a group during a conference; and I guess it was a bit more than what we were expecting. One of the group members asked for fried ice cream, and our waiter was a bit prententious with his response of "We don't do Tex Mex here..."

There were no complaints about the food from any of the group, my carnitas were very tender and well cooked... the presentation was a little over the top maybe.

Service was excellent by the wait staff with keeping water glasses filled and empty plates removed. The waiter actually was at the table very seldomly. Since we were a group of 8, a gratuity was already attached to our bills. I hope they have tip-sharing as I really don't think the waiter himself deserved the entire amount.

I may go back at another time if in Denver and get one of the less expensive menues mentioned in other reviews.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

First, I thought this was a Japanese restaurant since "TAMAYO" was a Japanese girl's name, but it was a Mexican restaurant. Our server was very professional and nice. There are several unusual small plates which I really liked. After the appetizer as my dinner, I ordered a mushroom flat pizza. It was an appetizer size ($6) and very tasty. Tacos was served on a cute plate. They serve a several margaritas. One with hot pepper was interesting, but $12 per glass was a little too much. Overall we had a great time there.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

As I was on Eastern time the day I arrived in Denver, I was pretty hungry by 6 pm Mountain/8 pm Eastern. Fortunately for me, Tamayo's Happy Hour extends to 7 pm. Rather than order from the regular menu, I sat at the bar and enjoyed some absolutely delicious appetizers at very reasonable prices. I had the red wine sangria, which actually tasted of wine and not just fruit. I inititally ordered the Mahi Mahi Cerviche and Squash Blossom Quesdilla. As those were beautifully prepared and perfectly seasoned, I ordered the Wild Mushroom Flatbread. While that was a disappointment, I had a generous portion of delicious tortilla chips left over from the Cerviche, so I enjoyed those. As the sangria was only $5 per glass and the appetizers just $4 each, my bill before the tip was under $25. Pretty amazing for such an impressive meal.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Ate here after seeing a show in the theatre district.

Good service (my glass was always full) and highly knowledgeable staff directed me to the slow roasted pork "cazuelas". I would definitely recommend this dish to anyone who likes savory dishes with incredible and unique flavour combinations.

Portion sizes were excellent. I was full and satisfied halfway through the meal.

Get a table by the window or on the patio -- great people watching.