“Very nice restaurant with authentic Italian dishes.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Panzano

Panzano
Reserve with OpenTable
Panzano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 2,986 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Champa St.
Transit: We are located just 3 blocks from the RTD Light Rail lines D, H and F
Breckenridge, Colorado
“Very nice restaurant with authentic Italian dishes.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

This place was very good. The atmosphere is fun and lively. Nice wine list and very good food. Some very interesting pasta dishes on offer and my veal was very good.

South Florida, Florida
“Over rated Italian restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We selected this Italian restaurant because is was rated very high by others on trip adviser. I don't agree with the high rating. This is just an average Italian restaurant at best. The food was ok but nothing to rave about. The wine bottle prices were high as compared to other restaurants. We would not return to this restaurant.

1 Thank Bob F
St. Germain, Wi.
“Great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Had dinner here one evening and were not disappointed. My wife had the spinach salad and veal scallopini. I enjoyed the grilled romaine salad and the porkchop. We shared and everything was truly fabulous. It's the first time I had grilled lettuce and just loved it! As stated by other reviews, our service was also top notch. All the servers were very nice and so very attentive. Treat yourself and experience this restaurant.

North Dakota
“Mixed Impressions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was our second visit to Panzano's, the first having been very nice in every way. We still recommend this restaurant for excellent and attentive service, however -- this time, the food was just o.k. and in the case of the veal scallopini, I sent mine back due to a "gamey" taste (isn't it supposed to be very mild?). A chicken dish was substituted, the heavily smoked mozzarella and overly oily breading detracting somewhat from the lightness and subtlety that could have otherwise been outstanding given the combination of ingredients. We opted for the prix fixe Chef's tasting dinner, and found the tastings to be extremely small portions (can't really complain since they did tell us "tasting") -- however the choices were inflexible although they allowed me to switch the pasta course because I don't eat rabbit, but wouldn't allow it to be switched to a vegetarian lasagne. (That seemed a little strange as vegetarian dishes should cost less than rabbit dishes!) 45 minutes later, people sat down at the table right next to us, and the same waiter explained the prix fixe tasting menu to them in an entirely different manner, saying they could choose from a selection of dishes for each of the 5 courses. That seemed very inconsistent, and unfair, as I would have preferred more choices to begin with. This is a good restaurant to bring friends and family where price is no object, the wine can flow freely, and if you order full courses instead of the tasting menu. Avoid the veal! The highly touted brussels sprout appetizer was a bit heavy on the oil - perhaps the chef wasn't paying attention to the temperature when adding the vegetable to the oil. That said, and gourmets notwithstanding, the humble pizza looked spectacular and I honestly would have preferred a pizza over what I ended up ordering.

Galveston, Texas
“Pricey, but excellent quality and worth it.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I particularly liked the wine sampler that they offered giving you a chance to try different wines during your meal. Very good value in an otherwise pricey restaurant.

That said, I don't mind paying that much for dinner if the service and food quality is reflected in the higher prices and in this case, it most definitely was.

I ate here while on vacation staying at the Monaco just to try it and if I lived in Denver, I would say that this would be an excellent choice for a date, anniversary, or other special occasion.

Visited August 2012