“Somewhat disappointing!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 16th Street
Transit: Public Bus stop 16th and Lawrence. Light Rail 4-blocks away at 16th & California.
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We came here during restaurant week and had to wait 20 minutes for our table. Although our waiter was very attentive, he was difficult to understand as he talked very fast. I had a sirloin steak which was a little chewey and my partner had the tilapia. We had tiramisu for dessert which was more cake than custard. Overall, I would give this place a B and we will try it again but are in no real hurry to return.

There are newer reviews for Willie G's Restaurant

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I have been to Willie G's twice and are never disappointed. Service is amazing and the food even better. We went this year on New Year's Eve and it was fantastic. Waitstaff is spot on and they know their stuff. I always take their recommendation for drinks and dinner and find myself stepping outside my box with amazing results. Way to go Willie G's

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Our first experience at Willie G's last month was less than what we expected. Living just a block away, we decided to give this restaurant another try, hoping to have a better experience. So, on Friday the 18th another couple and us went there for dinner.

Our appetizers, 2 orders of fried Brussels sprouts, one calamari, and a chicken wrap arrived promptly with our drinks. Not tasting any vegetable. we opened the breaded Brussels sprouts to see what was inside. We were shocked by what we didn't see. There was a pea size half B. s. inside, rest, breading. Same went for the calamari, the smallest rings we have ever seen, with heavy breading. Needless to say, we sent them back, had our drinks, and left.

This is too bad! Willie G's has been around for a long time, and it is sad to see that they go to great extremes to give the very least, and charge the most. Maybe they need a new chef, maybe a new management, who knows, but I know we won't go back!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

The staff gives you top #1 service. They make it their business to have your meals prepared just as you personally like.
The food is always good. The prices are good and the service is fantastic.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I ordered the chowder...it lacked flavor and was not hot...rather disappointed...I don't plan to return anytime soon.