“Great choice in the Denver area”
Review of Bang! - CLOSED

Bang!
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Highland
Germantown, Tennessee
“Great choice in the Denver area”
Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

A co-worker was high school friends with one of the chefs at bang! so when my husband and I were in Golden for business we decided to stop by for lunch. I'm glad we did!! Great little place; do the wind and temp we chose to eat inside although the patio did look inviting. Hubby had fried chicken with mashed potatoes and snap peas...he couldn't finish it all. Delicious...great flavor and texture to the chicken coating and the chicken was moist and tender. I decided on the romaine sald with chicken, also delicious. A great balance of the nuts, fruit, romaine, blue cheese, and dressing. Just the right taste with every bite. Hubby enjoyed a nice choice of beers from the menu while I settled on a simple Arnold Palmer. We were treated to an amazing piece of gingerbread cake. Normally I'm not a gingerbread fan but this - oh my - I would indulge every visit! Served warm, sprinkled with powdered sugar, and a nice dollop of whipped cream, it was yummy. The two of us couldn't finish it all.

This is in a converted house (as are many of the businesses in this area), and there is limited seating. We had a late lunch and were seated immediately. Quirky local prints on the wall and the Triple D 'tatto' on the wall. Service was spot on - we weren't rushed and our glasses were never empty. Enjoyed some nicely made homemade bread before out meal too. Next trip to the area, we will be making a trip to bang! Our bill came to a little over $32 with tax. I'd happily recommend a visit for lunch or dinner but note their hours, I believe they are closed on Monday. Check their website for their location, address, and menus.

Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Saw on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and was visiting denver so....”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Saw on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives and was visiting denver so....I had to visit.
Had what he cooked on the show, gumbo & ginger cake it was fantastic.
Definately good eats here.

• Visited May 2012
North Carolina
“YUM!”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

On the recommendation of a friend, we went to Bang! We were not disappointed. I got the homemade gingerbread and it was melt-in-your-mouth delicious. My friend ordered a salad (she said that even though the ingredients were simple, it was the best salad she had had in a long time!) and the coconut cream pie. We both had empty plates and smiles on our faces. The outdoor dining area was lovely.

• Visited April 2012
Denver CO USA
“To Bang! or Not to Bang”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Met some friends here for dinner. Had eaten here once many years ago and remembered it to be good. My friends saw it on Triple D and wanted to go. My meal was average - I had the spaghetti with tomatoe cream sauce and shrimp. My husband loved his meal - BLT with Avacado. The bacon was delicious. My friend had the gumbo, and loved it. Her husband had the Chicken fried Chicken and loved it. So, its a toss up, may have to go back for something else.

Visited April 2012
Laguna Niguel, California
“Yummy!”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

The food was delicious! I would highly recommend this place! I had the meatloaf and my fiance had the fried chicken. They were both really good! We also had a cup of red beans and pork soup that was awesome and then for dessert we shared some warm gingerbread with whipped cream! It was sooooo good!

• Visited April 2012